Hardware and Arduino Code for DIY WMRP-Solder Station
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me: flyglas (at) gmail (dot) com
- low offset op amp for soldering tip temperature measurement with type D thermocouple
- cold junction compensation using the PTC (KTY82-110) included in the WMRP soldering pencil
- input voltage measurement (for use with 3 cell lipo battery)
- soldering pencil current measurement
- recognizing if the soldering pencil rests in the stand (--> standby)
- 3 buttons for save and recall temperature values
- rotary encoder to set soldering temperature
- illuminated 16x2 character LCD module
- USB for debugging and firmware update
- clean and small enclosure
- 4mm safety socket for +12V power input and a protective earth socket for connection to ESD protection
The BOM in the layout folder includes only the parts on the PCB(s).
Parts (not on PCB):
- lcd display from ebay "Blue I2C 1602"
- modified connector "Amphenol T 3437 000" (--> http://www.mikrocontroller.net/topic/143288#1500819)
- 4mm safety sockets (red, black, green/yellow) or any other suitable connector
- rotary encoder knob
- display frame "EA027-2UKE"
- aluminium enclosure "Proma 131020"
- close jumper JP1 (activates pullup resistors for I2C wires)
- close jumper JP3 (connection between power ground and analog ground)
- leave jumper JP2 open (alternative for JP3)
First picture of a replica: