Clone this wiki locally
So recently NotifyPropertyWeaver was deprecated. The reason for this are as follows.
- Too much duplicate code for me to between NotifyPropertyWeaver and PropertyChanged.Fody
- Fody provide a much simple upgrade model
- Fody has some performance improvements over NotifyPropertyWeaver. They were too complex to port into NotifyPropertyWeaver
- Competing projects was confusing people approaching ILWeaving
So version 22.214.171.124 of NotifyPropertyWeaver now has a built in warning to say it is deprecated and to move over to using Fody+PropertyChanged. Here are the steps to do that conversion.
- Select all project with NotifyPropertyWeaver installed
- Disable NotifyPropertyWeaver.
Project > NotifyPropertyWeaver > Disable
- Uninstall NotifyPropertyWeaver.
Tools > Options > Installed > NotifyPropertyWeaver > Uninstall
- Restart Visual Studio
- Add the PropertyChanged nuget package.
Install-Package PropertyChanged.Fody. See Using the package manager console for more info.
Feature conversion. There is (almost) a one-to-one mapping of features between NotifyPropertyWeaver and PropertyChanged. Have a look through the doco https://github.com/Fody/PropertyChanged/wiki/_pages.