FolioReader-Android is an ePub reader and parser framework written in Java.
- Custom Fonts
- Custom Text Size
- Themes / Day mode / Night mode
- Text Highlighting
- List / Edit / Delete Highlights
- Handle Internal and External Links
- Portrait / Landscape
- Reading Time Left / Pages left
- In-App Dictionary
- Media Overlays (Sync text rendering with audio playback)
- TTS - Text to Speech Support
- Parse epub cover image
- PDF support
- Book Search
- Add Notes to a Highlight
- Better Documentation
Day and Night Mode
Add following dependency to your app build.gradle
To use FolioReader, you need to call FolioReaderActivity with following parameters: 1. INTENT_EPUB_SOURCE_TYPE - your epub can come from raw or assets folder or from SD card. Use enum FolioActivity.EpubSourceType. 2. INTENT_EPUB_SOURCE_PATH - assets/SD card path of the epub file or raw ID of epub file if epub file is in raw folder
Reading from assets folder
Intent intent = new Intent(HomeActivity.this, FolioActivity.class); intent.putExtra(FolioActivity.INTENT_EPUB_SOURCE_TYPE, FolioActivity.EpubSourceType.ASSESTS); intent.putExtra(FolioActivity.INTENT_EPUB_SOURCE_PATH, "epub/The Silver Chair.epub"); startActivity(intent);
Reading from raw folder of resources
Intent intent = new Intent(HomeActivity.this, FolioActivity.class); intent.putExtra(FolioActivity.INTENT_EPUB_SOURCE_TYPE, FolioActivity.EpubSourceType.RAW); intent.putExtra(FolioActivity.INTENT_EPUB_SOURCE_PATH, R.raw.adventures); startActivity(intent);
For reading from SD card, just retrieve absolute path of epub file and pass that in INTENT_EPUB_SOURCE_PATH.
This project needs you! If you would like to support this project's further development, the creator of this project or the continuous maintenance of this project, feel free to donate. Your donation is highly appreciated. Thank you!
- Donate 5 $: Thank's for creating this project, here's a tea (or some juice) for you!
- Donate 10 $: Wow, I am stunned. Let me take you to the movies!
- Donate 15 $: I really appreciate your work, let's grab some lunch!
- Donate 25 $: That's some awesome stuff you did right there, dinner is on me!
- Donate 50 $: I really really want to support this project, great job!
- Donate 100 $: You are the man! This project saved me hours (if not days) of struggle and hard work, simply awesome!
- Of course, you can also choose what you want to donate, all donations are awesome!
FolioReaderKit is available under the BSD license. See the LICENSE file.