Lexend expansion project
History: Began as expansion of the existing family of styles into an OT1.8 weight axis (wght) for design use. Additional work was then done to add this variable font with a wght axis to a variable version of the Lexend width axis. Arabic is being added to the glyph repertoire in a separate effort.
The original Lexend project started by Bonnie Shaver-Troup and Thomas Jockin in 2018 https://github.com/ThomasJockin/lexend
- Weight (wght) ranges from 100 to 800
- LXND (LXND) ranges from 0 to 1
- XTRA (XTRA) measures 'H's counter space as width’s reference, ranges form 349 to 489, dissected from original LXND axis
- SPAC (SPAC) measures spacing in percentage, ranges from 100 to 125, , dissected from original LXND axis
- wght 400 is now more appropriate for body text. Former Regular is wght 500.
- experimental SPACE and XTRA axes, the "dissected" ingredients of the original LXND axes, are in /sources
# Create a new virtualenv virtualenv env # Activate env source env/bin/activate # Install dependencies pip install . pip install -r requirements.txt