GitHub is home to over 20 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.
Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.
Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account
This pull request already contains some fixes you pulled in earlier. I've moved along and fixed any errors I came across during building and testing the packages and added the necessary extra's in postinst and postrm to use the update-alternatives system in Debian.
Have a look and grab what you need / want to integrate.
debian: Add a suffix to the compiled binaries.
Adding a suffix ensures that different Ruby versions can be managed
through update-alternatives instead of overriding the default Ruby
version found by decending $PATH.
debian: Fix some additional stuff.
* Unlink our hack before we build the debian package
* We want ruby enterprise edition as the default ruby so make it so!
debian: Fix everything we accidentaly broke.
* Make sure we fix the shebangs
* Link and unlink /usr/local/bin/ruby during compilation
* Use update-alternatives to default /usr/bin/ruby to 1.8.7ee and supporting tools (gem, rdoc etc.)
* Update debian/control and bump the version number