Node.js based git-release for use with component and npm
$ npm install component-release -g
$ component-release 0.0.0
- Forces versions to be of the form
/^(\d+)\.(\d+)\.(\d+)$/and won't let you publish with a version number that isn't of that form.
- Won't let you publish with a version that doesn't match the version in
component.jsonif those files are present.
- Will automatically update the other of those files if you have updated one of them.
- Will update both for you if you say yes when it asks you.
- Will never 'update' to an older version
- Won't let you publish an older version if a newer one exists (and is tagged)
- won't let you publish if
package.jsonexists but is not valid json.
Provided you meet the requirements it will:
- if a package.json is present and not marked private:
git commit -a -m "Release 0.0.0"
git tag 0.0.0 -a -m "0.0.0"
git push --follow-tags