We all at some point ended up on a webpage that we don't want to appear on our browsing history. Either it's for a gift, or a dumb page...
With "Forget That Page", you can totally delete the current webpage from your browsing history, just in one click ! It also deletes cookies, session storage, local storage and download history for that page.
It's simple but useful, and also open source !
Official website : https://forgetthatpage.github.io
Table of contents
How to use it
Download from the Google Chrome web store : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/forget-that-page/nolcpahhgjbmaoemlhaiplpjlljaefic
- Download the latest release from https://github.com/ForgetThatPage/ForgetThatPage/releases
- Unzip the archive to a folder
- Go to "chrome://extensions/" on your Chromium/Google Chrome browser
- Allow developer mode
- Select "load unpacked extension"
- Browse to the previously created folder
Vivaldi browser supports Chrome extensions, type "vivaldi://extensions" on your search bar. Installation is exactly like Chrome. Also, other browsers based on Chromium probably work the same way.
Download from Mozilla add-ons store: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/forget-that-page/
- Download the latest release (.xpi file) from https://github.com/ForgetThatPage/ForgetThatPage/releases
- Go to "about:addons"
- Click on the gear (Tools for all add-ons)
- Select "Install Add-on From File..."
- Select the .xpi file downloaded
Download from Opera add-ons store: https://addons.opera.com/fr/extensions/details/forget-that-page/
Same as Chrome version
Version 1.6.0 - 14/09/2017
- Option to delete all pages from the same host (Thanks to TUrabbIT : https://github.com/TUrabbIT)
Version 1.5.3 - 31/12/2016
- Debug blank message
- Specific project folder for Opera version
- Code optimization for Chrome and Opera (Thanks to mubaidr : https://github.com/mubaidr)
Version 1.5.2 - 19/12/2016
- Code optimization (Thanks to mubaidr : https://github.com/mubaidr)
Version 1.5.1 - 30/10/2016
- Code refactoring
Version 1.5.0 - 17/10/2016
- Delete downloads list for page url
- Options page. By default everything is deleted but the user can choose not to delete cookies and/or sessionStorage and/or localStorage
- Added Norwegian, Vietnamese, Bulgarian, Greek, Ukrainian and Thai (Translation from https://gengo.com/)
- Changed green icon
Thanks to all Reddit translators for their help
All versions notes are available in the Wiki section
Minor version number is incremented when a new feature is added.
Revision number is incremented when code is changed but no new feature is added.
Thanks to all the following reddit translators for their help: MattOnADinosaur, akroe, Kamparano, gabi_never08, amityvision, Trucoto, sarveil, rararaw21, klingy_koala, coriandres, Terpomo11, cmuffy195, Graeskmoent, Kazumara, Huskar, lookmanofilter, Cestus44, NigelDuckrag, Emmison, ledenicaj, owain2002, Boothiepro, Eetsi123, CuddlyBeaver, FilipinoRedditor, matmikus, mympuk, sanyuanmilk, Eikha, Roughy, NoorEcube, studioidefix
Icon made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com
Background pattern from www.subtlepatterns.com
Copyright and License
Copyright (c) 2016, Forget That Page
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, version 3 of the License.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.