A highly customizable and feature rich jQuery form validator plugin that embraces the power of HTML5. For examples and the complete documentation, visit http://validval.frebsite.nl
Due to increasing support for html5 form validation, this plugin is no longer intensively maintained.
jQuery.validVal is a plugin designed to simplify form validation.
It is highly customizable, very feature rich and can easily be dropped on any type of HTML-form (even AJAX- and HTML5-forms) with very little effort.
- Can be used for validating any kind of HTML-form, with very little effort.
- Supports five default value-validations: "required", "number", "email", "url" and "pattern".
- Easily extendable with custom value-validations.
- Great default "invalid-handler" that can be extended or customized.
- Can validate multiple input-fields for corresponding values.
- Enables a group of checkboxes to have at least one checkbox to be "required".
- Clears the placeholder-value "onFocus", even on password-fields.
- Automatically select the next input-field when the "maxlength" nth-character is entered.
- Supplies a workaround for IE's lack of support for the :focus-pseudoclass.
The jQuery.validVal plugin is dual licensed under the MIT and GPL licenses: