Injectable Generic Camera System
This is a generic injectable camera system which is used as a base for cameras for taking screenshots within games. The main purpose of the system is to hijack the in-game 3D camera by overwriting values in its camera structure with our own values so we can control where the camera is located, it's pitch/yaw/roll values, its FoV and the camera's look vector. Some camera implementations have additional features like timestop.
It's written in C++ with some x86/x64 assembler to be able to intercept the location of the 3D camera in the game. The system is initially designed for 64bit hosts as all games are 64bit nowadays, but has been reworked to be used for 32bit games too.
All binaries of my tools are available through my Patreon. You're not allowed to re-host the binaries on other modsites, like Nexus Mods.
Folder structure description
In the folder
Cameras you'll several implementations of the system, adapted for specific games.
The cameras don't use a shared piece of code as in general cameras have to be adapted to a game pretty deeply and I didn't want to make a big configurable ball. Additionally, cameras are often written once and perhaps fixed once or twice when the game is updated, but that's it. Copying the code for each camera and adapting it makes possible to add new features to future cameras without affecting the older ones.
Requirements to build the code
To build the code, you need to have VC++ 2017 or higher, newer cameras need VC++ 2019. Additionally you need to have installed the Windows SDK, at least the windows 8 version. The VC++ installer should install this. The SDK is needed for DirectXMath.h
There's an external dependency on MinHook through a git submodule. This should be downloaded automatically when you clone the repo. The camera uses DirectXMath for the 3D math, which is a self-contained .h file, from the Windows SDK.
These cameras and its system are made by volunteers in their spare time. If you use these camera for commercial activities (e.g. you make money with the shots or videos you produce with this camera), consider a donation or joining my Patreon
If you want support for a camera, please join my Patreon where I have a tier available for support on cameras.
- Assassin's Creed 3: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/AssassinsCreed3
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/AssassinsCreedOdyssey
- Assassin's Creed Origins: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/AssassinsCreedOrigins
- Batman Arkham Knight: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/BatmanArkhamKnight
- Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/BulletstormFCE
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/DXMD
- Devil May Cry 5: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/DMC5
- Dishonored 2: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Dishonored2
- DOOM x64: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/DOOM
- Dying Light: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/DyingLight
- GreedFall: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Greedfall
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Hellblade
- Hitman 2016: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Hitman2016
- Homefront: The Revolution: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/HomefrontTheRevolution
- Injustice 2: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Injustice2
- Kingdom Come Deliverance: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/KingdomComeDeliverance
- Lords of the Fallen: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/LordsOfTheFallen
- Mafia III: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Mafia3
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/MGS5
- Metro Exodus: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/MetroExodus
- Prey (2017): https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Prey
- Resident Evil 2: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/ResidentEvil2
- Resident Evil 3: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/ResidentEvil3
- Ryse: Son of Rome: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/RyseSonOfRome
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/SOTTR
- The Evil Within 2: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/TEW2
- Titanfall 2: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Titanfall2
- Tomb Raider 2013: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Tombraider
- Watch_Dogs: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Watch_Dogs
- Watch_Dogs2: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Watch_Dogs2
- Wolfenstein II: The new colossus: https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/Wolfenstein2
In-depth article about IGCS and how to create camera tools
I've written a long, in-depth article about how to create camera tools and how IGCS works on my blog.
Some camera code uses MinHook by Tsuda Kageyu.
I do this for fun, not profit, but can't create cameras for games I don't own. I've therefore setup a Patreon page which allows you to safely support my work now and in the future and in return you get access to binary releases, early access to newer cameras and if you opt for that, support.