Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- FreeCAD-0.17.13528.5c3f7bf-WIN-x86-installer-SHA256.txt 221 Bytes
- FreeCAD-0.17.13528.5c3f7bf-WIN-x86-installer.exe 337 MB
- FreeCAD-0.17.13541.9948ee4-WIN-x64-installer-SHA256.txt 221 Bytes
- FreeCAD-0.17.13541.9948ee4-WIN-x64-installer.exe 373 MB
- FreeCAD-0.17.13541.9948ee4-WIN-x64-portable-SHA256.txt 219 Bytes
- FreeCAD-0.17.13541.9948ee4-WIN-x64-portable.7z 286 MB
- FreeCAD-0.17.13541.9948ee4.glibc2.17-x86_64-SHA256.txt 225 Bytes
- FreeCAD-0.17.13541.9948ee4.glibc2.17-x86_64.AppImage 225 MB
- FreeCAD_0.17-13541.9948ee4-OSX-x86_64-Qt5-SHA256.txt 120 Bytes
- FreeCAD_0.17-13541.9948ee4-OSX-x86_64-Qt5.dmg 349 MB
- FreeCAD_0_17.Quick.Reference.Guide.7z 5.07 MB
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
This release of FreeCAD is dedicated to our friend Roland Frank who left us in 2017. He was an active and well-appreciated member of the FreeCAD forum, and his video tutorials on the Learn FreeCAD and BPLFRE Youtube channels helped many people get started with FreeCAD.
A word of caution to users of v0.16: there has been tremendous changes to the PartDesign workbench, with the introduction of the Part and Body containers. A Body is now mandatory to create PartDesign features. When trying to edit a document made in v0.16, you will be prompted to migrate it automatically. If your model was done with a mix of PartDesign features and Part objects, the migration process will most certainly leave your model in a broken state! So if you are not willing to migrate it manually (expect having to delete some stuff and recreate it), it would be best to keep a working version of v0.16 on the side to edit your old documents.
This is the official 0.17 release of FreeCAD for Windows and Mac OS platforms. Linux users are advised to get FreeCAD from their distribution's repository, or from our PPA if using Ubuntu.
The AppImage should work on most modern 64 bit Linux distributions. Download the file and make it executable. It's self contained and should be portable.
OS X build supports >=10.11
Win x86 supports 7/8/10
Win x64 supports 7/8/10
BACK-UP YOUR 0.16.67xx FILES BEFORE OPENING IN 0.17.xxxxx! MIGRATION TO 0.17.xxxxx MAY CAUSE PROBLEMS.