Welcome to the Caller ID Superfecta Wiki
Last edit January 20, 2016
Superfecta development and documentation is part of the FreePBX project. The information here is largely out of date, but kept for supporting legacy systems.
Caller ID Superfecta is a free, OSS FreePBX module that allows users to lookup and display a Caller ID Name (CNAM) based on the Caller ID Number (CID). Superfecta extends the basic Caller ID Lookup in FreePBX to allow searching of dozens of online and database sources, prioritize lookup sources and cache CNAM for later reuse. In addition to lookups, Superfecta can push CNAM to a growing list of 'Send to' sources so Caller ID can be added to external databases and displayed as notification on media or mobile devices.
2.11.x User Information
Versioning and Compatibility
The current branch of this project is 2.11.x (formerly referred to as 3.x, you may still see the occasional reference to that number) and all development effort is focussed on this branch. The last development branch (2.2.x) is available for users who need it and is end of life in maintenance mode only. Superfecta 2.11.x is tested on FreePBX 2.11 and is known to work with both the FreePBX Distro and PBX in a Flash distro. Superfecta 2.11.x will work on FreePBX 2.10 but older versions of FreePBX will probably have to use Superfecta 2.2.x
See detailed page with screenshots here: Installing-Caller-ID-Superfecta-v2.11.x-Module-for-FreePBX. Thanks to NonaSuomy!
Superfecta 2.11.x is available from the FreePBX 2.11 "Module Admin" repos. Enable all repositories, check online and install 'Caller ID Superfecta' like any other module.
For FreePBX 2.10 and earlier, Superfecta requires a manual installation. See the link below for legacy 2.2.x articles.
In FreePBX, Admin Menu, select Caller ID Superfecta. The initial screen will allow you to edit an existing Caller ID Scheme or add a new one. Once you click on the scheme you are presented config options as follows:
- The entire list of installed lookup modules. Each module represents either a lookup resource or a destination to send the found CNAM. Enable or disable the moudules as desired. Some modules require no configuration, others require that you select them and save additional details. Mouse over help is available for each source. Of particular note in this list are the "Trunk Provided" and "Superfecta Cache" lookup sources. The "Trunk Provided" source allows the user to use whatever CNAM is provided by the system trunk in the same way that CNAM works without Superfecta installed. The "Superfecta Cache", when configured, will cache all found CNAM and reuse it on subsequent calls. Especially useful for slow internet sources, you only have to wait for the lookup once, and the cache provides it quickly for all future calls.
- Scheme name - User provided name for uniquely identifying the lookup scheme
- DID Rules - If the scheme is only to be run on calls to specific DIDs, you can enter the DID(s) and/or Asterisk dial pattern(s) here. Leaving blank means the scheme runs for all DIDs
- CID Rules - Intended for the user to process incoming CID to a format acceptable by the lookup modules. If incoming CID is in 7 digits and modules require CID in 10 digits, Asterisk dial pattern(s) can be added here.
- Lookup Timeout - Maximum time to keep the caller waiting while Caller ID lookup proceeds. Too short and you will not get any CNAM, too long and your caller will lose patience waiting.
- Superfecta Processor - Recommend that users select Single. The Multi processor is EXPERIMENTAL and it allows multiple lookups to occur simultaneously to decrease caller wait time.
- CID Prefix URL - A URL to acquire a dynamic CNAM prefix based on CID.
- SPAM Text - If a lookup source determines a caller to be SPAM, the text in this field will prefix the actual found CNAM.
- SPAM Text Substituted - Enable this option to overwrite the CNAM for spam callers and only display the spam text.
- Enable SPAM Interception - Enable this setting to send spam callers to an alternate FreePBX system destination instead of following the normal inbound route destination.
- SPAM Send Threshold - Some CNAM lookup modules quantify the degree of liklihood of the caller being a spammer. Specify a threshold with this field for determining if the spammer will be sent to the alternate spam destination.
- Send Spam Call To - FreePBX system destination for callers determined to be spam.
Testing Superfecta Configuration
Once a Superfecta scheme is configured, it is wise to test it with a selection of CID numbers the system is likely to encounter. By entering a sample CID number in the Phone Number field and clicking "Debug", the system will display debug output to allow the user to:
- Determine which lookup sources provide useful CNAM and which do not
- Determine which lookup sources respond the fastest, allowing users to re-order the lookup priority to keep callers waiting as little as possible
- Test the DID and CID rules to ensure they are working as intended
- Test Send to sources to ensure the configuration is done properly.