Build on Windows with Visual C 2010
Clone this wiki locally
Table of Contents
- MS Visual C++ Express 2010 http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/express
- MS SDK http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8279
- OpenSSL Library http://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html
- cmake http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html
- git http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/
- Windows Vista or newer. It does neither build nor run on XP.
If you like working in a shell, get cygwin. You can also use cygwins git, but NOT the cmake that comes with cygwin
git clone git://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP.git
From the command line, go to the directory where you pulled the sources and type
cmake .Of course, you can also run cmake-gui that comes with the windows cmake install and point it to your sources. See Build options for a list of options you can specify.
In Visual Studio, open the FreeRDP project map and build it. It should build clean.
- rdpdr disk, printer and smartcard plugin are actively developed and should be available soon (Sept. 2012)
- cliprdr plugin lacks ~1000 lines of source and does not yet work, though it builds clean
- Status of all other plugins is unknown
- Command line has changed, see CommandLineInterface
- offical place is http://pub.freerdp.com/snapshots/
- Alternative Binaries from Huihong Luo are available here: http://www.vmlite.com/VMLiteRemote.zip This binary supports audio, RemoteFX and clipboard, but not the printer. Merging is in progress, please be patient