Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Pebble Getting Started
All Pebbles when powered up for the first time demand that you connect in via the official App. This is not necessary, you can get started with Gadgetbridge only. While on original Pebbles this screen could be bypassed by a long press on the right button, newer pebbles seem to be stuck in recovery until a firmware gets flashed.
We recommend to flash the latest available firmware. On the Pebble and Pebble Steel (black and white models), this includes flashing a migration firmware first.
Steps to follow:
- Install Gadgetbridge
- Pair your Pebble through Android's Bluetooth Settings (NOT THE Pebble LE , Pebble 2 has to be paired by pressing the + in Control Center)
- Start Gadgetbridge and tap on your Pebble until it says initialized
- Flash a firmware as noted in this wiki article
- Install a language pack as noted in this wiki article
- Optionally enable Health if device supports it, see Pebble System Apps#health-not-for-pebble-classic-and-steel