greenDAO is a light & fast ORM solution for Android that maps objects to SQLite databases. Being highly optimized for Android, greenDAO offers great performance and consumes minimal memory.
Home page, documentation, and support links: http://greenrobot.org/greendao/
greenDAO's unique set of features:
- Rock solid: greenDAO has been around since 2011 and is used by countless famous apps
- Super simple: concise and straight-forward API
- Small: The library is <100K and it's just plain Java jar (no CPU dependent native parts)
- Fast: Probably the fastest ORM for Android, driven by intelligent code generation
- Safe and expressive query API: QueryBuilder uses property constants to avoid typos
- Powerful joins: query across entities and even chain joins for complex relations
- Flexible property types: use custom classes or enums to represent data in your entity
Add greenDAO to your project
Gradle dependency for your Android app:
Gradle dependency for your Java generator project:
Note: to use encrypted databases using SQLCipher, you need to reference different artifacts (postfix '-encryption'). For all details, please refer to the documentation on database encryption.
Homepage, Documentation, Links
For more details on greenDAO please check greenDAO's website. Here are some direct links you may find useful:
Features in Beta
Those features are already here for you to try out. Note: Documentation and test coverage may be lacking, and the API may change in the future.
- New AsyncSession (acquired from DaoSession.startAsyncSession()) provides most operations for DAOs, Queries, and transactions in a asynchronously variant
- AsyncOperations are processed in order by a background thread
- waitForCompletion methods for AsyncSession and AsyncOperations
- AsyncOperationListener for asynchronous callback when operations complete
- Asynchronous operations can be merged in single transactions (details follow)
- Added raw SQL queries returning a Query object (LazyList support etc.)
More Open Source by greenrobot
EventBus is a central publish/subscribe bus for Android with optional delivery threads, priorities, and sticky events. A great tool to decouple components (e.g. Activities, Fragments, logic components) from each other.
Essentials is a set of utility classes and hash functions for Android & Java projects.
Follow us on Google+ to stay up to date.