What ist FriendlyStack
FriendlyStack is a Network Appliance for managing physical and electronic documents as well as photos and videos. Like other appliances (think of a photocopier or a toaster) FriendlyStack is designed to fulfill its purpose as simply and efficiently as possible. FriendlyStack was designed with lazy people in mind. Managing your stuff with FriendlyStack is effortless and doesn’t require a PhD in Computer Wizardry (this is why FriendlyStack's Control Unit has just one button).
What do you need to use FriendlyStack
- A computer that will run the FriendlyStack software as an appliance (think of a NAS)
- A document scanner with automatic sheet feeder
- A FriendlyStack Control Unit (FSCU) to control your appliance. The simplest form of a FSCU is an Arduino Uno R3 with a USB cable and a Addafruit TFT Touch Shield (2.8" resistive, Adafruit PRODUCT ID: 1651)
Minimal Hardware Requirements for the Computer:
- CPU: Intel compatible, 64 Bit, Support for SSE instructions, at least two cores (while all of this sounds very technical, most of today's and yesterday's CPUs can check all boxes).
- RAM: One Gigabyte per CPU core but at least 4 Gigabytes.
- Hard Disk: 300 Gigabyte or larger.
- Ethernet Interface (remember: FriendlyStack is a network appliance)
- At least three USB 2.0 ports (USB 3.0 or never will speed up backup and restore)
Requirements for the Document Scanner:
- Automatic Document Feeder
- Duplex Scanning
- USB Connection
- Linux Drivers (support for Ubuntu 16.04)
The code in this repository is licensed by the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version; you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. FriendlyStack, a system for managing physical and electronic documents as well as photos and videos. Copyright (C) 2018 Dimitrios F. Kallivroussis, Friendly River LLC This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
NOTE: This software depends on other packages that may be licensed under different open source licenses.