README - PowerShell Deployment Extension Kit
October 2020 (ver 0.2.1.6) Lots of changes.
- Upgrade works, we use it all the times
- Integration with 2Pint works better, a few issues still to solve
- Improvments on everything
June 2020 (ver 0.2.0.1)
Welcome to PowerShell Deployment (PSD)
- Infrastructure Architects
- Solution Architects
The purpose of PowerShell Deployment for MDT is to create a new deployment solution that provides the same level of automation as MDT but built on a more modern framework - PowerShell. The major components and functionality are built on PowerShell alone, but still leverage the MDT Workbench and layout. The goal is to support deployment shares using PSD extensions as well as legacy MDT deployment shares.
Supported deployment scenarios include deployment from the following content repositories:
- IIS over HTTP using WebClient (Native PS)
- IIS over HTTP with BITS & BranchCache using 2Pint Software's OSD Toolkit
- UNC (\server\share)
PSD is very much a work-in-progress solution, so stay tuned as we rapidly move forward on this.