Tap an RFID card on a Tessel RFID reader to send a text over Twilio to any phone.
- Set up your Twilio account (it's free!)
- Install your Tessel
- Clone this repo
- Set up your config.json file based on the example-config.json file
npm installto install Node dependencies
- Connect Tessel to the internet
- Run the code on Tessel:
tessel run index.js
- When the console logs that the reader is ready, tap a card to receive a text!
This is a work in progress; it would be much more useful to create a lookup for different UIDs, and associate specific RFID cards with specific people.
- "I'm home" text to family members
- Someone came to visit, but you weren't there (think Victorian calling cards)
- Very fast check-ins at locations with associated RFID cards (e.g. if you could register a transit card with Foursquare to check in at locations)
- Tool checkout– tap to text someone that you're borrowing their thing