First release of Afterglow Arduino
This release is the code to be uploaded to your arduino.
Tested with 50 lights should work with 100 lights, maybe even more
Currently supporting the following RGB LEDs types
Currently this is using the old FastSPI library ( http://code.google.com/p/fastspi/ ) I would like to upgrade the code to they new FastLED ( https://github.com/FastLED/FastLED ) but I am using LPD6803 and it is not supported in the new version so I am not able to test a new version.
If anyone out there has one of the following LED types and could implement Afterglow Arduino with FastLED that would be awesome. (Below list from https://github.com/FastLED/FastLED#supported-led-chipsets)
- Adafruit's Neopixel - aka the WS2812B (also WS2811/WS2812, also suppored in lo-speed mode) - a 3 wire addressable led chipset
- TM1809/4 - 3 wire chipset, cheaply available on aliexpress.com
- TM1803 - 3 wire chipset, sold by radio shack
- UCS1903 - another 3 wire led chipset, cheap
- LPD8806 - SPI based chpiset, very high speed
- WS2801 - SPI based chipset, cheap and widely available
- SM16716 - SPI based chipset
- DMX - send rgb data out over DMX using arduino DMX libraries