A mobile application to help blind people navigate our fast-paced world. It uses real-time object detection to alert the user through vibrations followed by audio feedback. It also stores the entire objection detection history enabling the users family (or friends) to assess the danger-levels encountered by the user. This log can also be used for accident investigation & prevention.
- The number of people of all ages visually impaired is estimated to be 285 million of whom 39 million are blind.
- Most of them use a white cane to traverse their path which costs around $25
- Every year there are many accidents involving visually impaired people
- Uses real-time object detection model and depth perception algorithm to detect objects and their distance from user.
- Alerts the User through vibrations and audio feedback
- Stores history and displays on the start screen for possible assessments
Train a machine learning algorithm to score the danger level encounered by the user along his/her daily commute
Aryan Sharma, Gautam Agarwal, Shreyans Saraogi, Manmeet Dang