'Dark Matter' Browser
(C) 2012 g/christensen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Yo dawg, we heard you like browsers, so we put a browser into your browser so you can browse while you browse.
See the Dark Flow addon.
Dark Matter, a spin-off of the feedxcavator project.
That's how it used to look like: youtube
Paginated forums (imageboards are the most ubiquity species nowadays) are not so convenient to browse as is, especialy highly loaded ones. This application allows to batch-grab the specified amount of the forum content and transform it according to the user requirements, so user can have a large picture of the available data, transform the data and get some additional features which are not provided by the forum software.
User's requirements and transformations are expressed with a simple query language embedded into URLs (a sort of a text command interface). It's also possible to build a simple indexed imageboard search engine on the base of this aggregator (which was done only as a proof of concept at the moment).
- Ability to load content from multiple pages of an imageboard
- Ability to display content of several thematic boards in a single thread stream using chained links
- Manual and automatic content filtering
- Condensed RSS-like thread stream view
- It' possible to permanently pin threads of interest to the top of a thread stream and monitor the posting dynamics
- Ability to view the whole imageboard and its threads as image folders
- Cron-based automatic thread archive (may not work with a standalone instance)
- Mobile view (available through the `/m' page)
- GAE account or Java 1.6+ [the application could be run on a GAE account (multiuser mode) or using local GAE emulation (single user only)].