Blender Power Sequencer
The Free add-on for content creators
Power Sequencer brings smart new editing features to edit faster with Blender's Video Sequence Editor. It is completely Free and Open Source.
- Download the repository. Go to Releases for a stable version, or click the green button above to get the most recent (and potentially unstable) version.
- Open Blender
- Go to File > User Preferences > Addons
- Click "Install From File", navigate to the downloaded .zip file, and install
- Activate the checkbox next to "VSE: Power Sequencer"
Blender 2.80 saves your settings automatically by default.
Learn Power Sequencer
Read all the features and shortcuts in the Power Sequencer Docs
We have two big video tutorials to get you started:
- Intro to Video Editing with Blender's VSE, a general introduction to Blender's VSE
- Power Sequencer Workflow tutorial, a video dedicated to the add-on
You can find more in our growing list of Free Blender VSE tutorials on YouTube!
Become a Contributor
Whether you want to contribute code, help with testing, design, user interface, tutorials, or communication, all contributors are welcome!
You can come and chat with us on GDquest's Discord server!
See our Contributor's Guidelines to learn about how to contribute efficiently to Free Software. If you're a developer, check our Blender Python best practices. They can help you avoid programming issues.
Then, join the discussion in the issues tab anytime!
Here are other recommended add-ons for a better editing workflow:
Daniel Oakey's rewrite of VSE Transform Tools. This tool lets you animate and move strips from the video preview. The original add-on was abandoned a few years ago. Daniel fixed and rewrote it so now it's super slick!
Power Sequencer ships with two separate Python tools: