Persistence Client Library
Copyright and License
Copyright (C) 2016 Mentor Graphics. This software is licensed under the Mozilla Public License 2.0, see COPYING file for more details.
The persistence client library has been developed as a proof of concept (PoC) for GENIVI. It now serves as a reference implementation.
The client library has the following dependencies
- build-time library dependencies;
- automotive-dlt (http://projects.genivi.org/diagnostic-log-trace/)
- Persistence Common Object (https://github.com/GENIVI/persistence-common-object.git) Add "--with_database=key-value-store" to the configure step The previous default backend Itzam/C and will not supported anymore.
- check unit test framework for C used when configured with "--enable-tests" Ubuntu: use Synaptic package manager Or download http://check.sourceforge.net/
Building the PCL
The Persistence Client Lib component uses automake to build the library. Execute the following steps in order to build the component
- autoreconf –vi
- configure, with the following options
- --enable-tests to enable the build of the tests
- --enable-tools to enable the build of the tools
- --enable-pasinterface enable the PAS interface (disabled by default)
- --enable-appcheck, performs an application check if the using application is a valid/trusted one.
Testing and Debugging
The test framework “check” has been used to write unit tests which will be run automatically when the test binary is started. At the end a test report will be printed to the console showing first a summary about number of tests that have been executed and how many tests have been passed or failed. After the summary a test report will be generated showing the status of each test. When a bug will be fixed a test will be written to verify the problem has been solved. DTL (Diagnostic, Log and Trace) will be used by the PCL to send status and error. For details about DLT, please refer to the GENIVI DLT p roject page (http://projects.genivi.org/diagnostic-log-trace/).
Persistence Common Object
The Persistence Common Object (libpers_common.so) is the default plugin to read/write persistent data managed by the key-value API.
Attention: The Persistence Common Object must be added to the plugin configuration file with the appropriate path to the library
Example: “default /usr/local/lib/libpers_common.so init sync”
There are unit tests available for the persistency client library component available. The unit tests are used to verify that the component is working correctly and exclude any regressions. Please refer always to the source codeto see the available tests
- GENIVI Lifecycle components are available on thesystem
- The GENIVI lifecycle components are available here: http://projects.genivi.org/node-state-manager/ http://projects.genivi.org/node-startup-controller/
- Make sure Node State Manager is running (Start "node-state-manager")
- Persistence Administration Service is available in the system and running
- The GENIVI Persistence Administration Service is available here: http://git.projects.genivi.org/?p=persistence/persistence-administrator.git
- Persistence Common Object is available in the system
- The GENIVI Persistence Common Object is available here: http://git.projects.genivi.org/?p=persistence/persistence-common-object.git use the key-value-store backend (run configure step with "--with_database=key-value-store")
- Persistence partitions has been created and mounted and test data is
- If partition and data is not available, use the PAS to setup the test data.
- make sure node-state-manager and pers_admin_svc are running
- Now install the test data: "persadmin_tool install /path_to_test_data/PAS_data.tar.gz" The test data is provided by the PCL (../test/data/PAS_data.tar.gz)
- Make sure dlt-daemon is running
- Make sure D-Bus system bus is available
To check if an application is valid/trusted and allowed to access persistent data an application check functionality can be enabled (configure step --enable-appcheck, see section 6 “How to build”). If an application is not valid/trusted every API call to the key-value or file API returns the error EPERS_SHUTDOWN_NO_TRUSTED will be returned. A trusted/valid application has a corresponding resource configuration table installed by the Persistence Administration Service under /Data/mnt-c or /Data/mnt-wt.
Data location and partitions
Persistence expects its data under the two folders /Data/mnt-c and /Data/mnt-wt. It is requested to have one persistence partition which will be mounted to the two folders stated above (one partition will be mounted to two different mointpoints).
Example: sudo mount -t fsType /dev/sdx /Data/mnt-wt sudo mount -t fsType /dev/sdx /Data/mnt-c
run persistency unit test "./persistence_client_library_test"
Expected test result:
The expected result is to have 0 failures and 0 errors, see example output below:
./persistence_client_library_test Running suite(s): Persistency client library 100%: Checks: 13, Failures: 0, Errors: 0 persistence_client_library_test.c:141:P:GetData:test_GetData:0: Passed persistence_client_library_test.c:357:P:SetData:test_SetData:0: Passed persistence_client_library_test.c:400:P:SetDataNoPRCT:test_SetDataNoPRCT:0: Passed persistence_client_library_test.c:434:P:GetDataSize:test_GetDataSize:0: Passed persistence_client_library_test.c:478:P:DeleteData:test_DeleteData:0: Passed persistence_client_library_test.c:236:P:GetDataHandle:test_GetDataHandle:0: Passed persistence_client_library_test.c:652:P:DataHandle:test_DataHandle:0: Passed persistence_client_library_test.c:727:P:DataHandleOpen:test_DataHandleOpen:0: Passed persistence_client_library_test.c:578:P:DataFile:test_DataFile:0: Passed persistence_client_library_test.c:604:P:DataFileRecovery:test_DataFileRecovery:0: Passed persistence_client_library_test.c:794:P:Cursor:test_Cursor:0: Passed persistence_client_library_test.c:864:P:ReadDefault:test_ReadDefault:0: Passed persistence_client_library_test.c:886:P:ReadConfDefault:test_ReadConfDefault:0: Passed
The output above may vary as the test cases will be adopted or extended.
Subscribe to the mailing list here: http://lists.genivi.org/mailman/listinfo/genivi-persistence
View or Report bugs here: http://bugs.genivi.org/buglist.cgi?product=persistence-client-library
For details about the Persistence Client Library, please refer to to following documents:
Persistence Client Library Architecture Documentation: see docs sufolder: Persistence_ArchitectureManual.pdf
Persistence Client Library User Manual: see docs subfolder: Persistence_ClientLibrary_UserGuide.pdf
How to create doxygen documentation
The doxygen package must be installed. Run "doxygen doc/pcl_doxyfile" and the html documentation will be generated in the doc folder.