GETconf 2019 Code of Conduct
GETconf is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone; regardless of gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, ability status, physical appearance, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form.
- We are a conference created by and centering women, femmes, and gender-expansive individuals
- We offer education, networking, & mentorship, in a diversely tech-centered environment
- We commit to making this conference accessible & inclusive to ALL
ALL involved parties (exhibitors, sponsor/venue staff, vendors, or volunteers) are expected to comply with GETconf expectations. We expect participants to follow these expectations at all event venues and event-related social activities. Event organisers retain the right to take necessary actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for ALL participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the conference [with no refund].
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Reports can be made either personally or anonymously. You can make a personal report by:
- Calling or messaging (402)786-8134. This phone number will be continuously monitored for the duration of the event.
- Contacting a staff member, identified by STAFF badges, buttons, or shirts.
*Anonymous reports, are not available for direct follow-up, but we will fully investigate it and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.
If necessary, our team will be happy to help you contact hotel/venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event.
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination (related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, [your specific concern here]).
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing or non-consensual photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone.