Primarily a bug fix release to fix a build issue resulting in internal logging messages being disabled for some of the release packages. Also includes a
maxcosimduration argument for brokers to kill the co-sim after a certain amount of wall clock time.
- CMake issue resulting in internal logging messages being disabled for some builds including some package releases.
- Fixed a few deadlock pathways if the core was killed internally.
- Fixed some timeout issues in the CI builds.
- Fixed a potential race condition when setting the log file after execution has started on helics cores.
- CMake version 3.22 tested and used if available.
- The TCP networking components that were not core to HELICS have been moved to a separate repo and linked as a submodule. See networking.
- Several documentation fixes and updates.
- Moved to using the upstream toml11 repo instead of a custom modified version. Customized modifications have now been merged upstream.
- '--maxcosimduration' flag added in the broker to specify a max co-sim duration after which the cosimulation will be terminated.
helicsGetSystemInfo()function was added to the API to retrieve HELICS version and system info for debugging and diagnostic purposes.
- Added a threaded signal handler to execute close out operations in a new thread and return control back to the main thread to wait for error signals.
helicsFederateInfoLoadFromStringto better match C++ API available functions. This loads the federateInfo structure from command line arguments contained in a string.