The only build-time dependency is meson.
meson builddir ninja -C builddir ninja -C builddir install
pygobject (>= 3.10)
GIR files and libraries from:
- GLib (>= 2.58)
- GTK+ 3 (>= 3.12)
- gnome-desktop (>= 3.30)
GSettings Schemas from:
- gsettings-desktop-schemas (>= 3.28)
- gnome-shell (>= 3.24)
- gnome-software (for links from GNOME Shell Extensions page)
- nautilus 3.26 or older (for icons on the desktop)
If you wish to run the application uninstalled, execute;
./gnome-tweaks [-p /path/to/jhbuild/prefix/]
Tweaks is designed for GNOME Shell but can be used in other desktops. A few features will be missing when Tweaks is run on a different desktop.
- I'm not sure if the TweakGroup layer is necessary, and it makes it hard to categorise things. Perhaps go to a named factory approach
- Do some more things lazily to improve startup speed
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
data/org.gnome.tweaks.appdata.xml.in is licensed under the Creative Commons CC0-1.0 license.