Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
The TressFX library implements AMD's TressFX hair/fur rendering and simulation technology. The TressFX technology uses the GPU to simulate and render high-quality, realistic hair and fur. TressFX makes use of the processing power of high-performance GPUs to do realistic rendering and utilizes DirectCompute to physically simulate each individual strand of hair.
Highlights include the following:
- GCN-optimized rendering and simulation
- Hair and fur (skinning) support with high quality anti-aliasing
- Two options for order-independent transparency
- Maya plugin provided for authoring
- Full source code provided
New in TressFX 4
- Hair is skinned directly, rather than through triangle stream-out.
- Signed distance field (SDF) collision, including compute shaders to generate the SDF from a dynamic mesh.
- New system for handling fast motion.
- Refactored to be more engine / API agnostic.
- Example code includes compute-based skinning and marching cubes generation.
- DirectX 12 support
- AMD Radeon™ GCN-based GPU (HD 7000 series or newer)
- Or other DirectX® 11 or DirectX 12 compatible discrete GPU with Shader Model 5 support
- 64-bit Windows® 7 (SP1 with the Platform Update), Windows® 8.1, or Windows® 10
- Windows 10 required for DirectX 12
- Microsoft Visual C++® 2015 Redistributable to run the pre-built sample binary (TressFX_Sample_v4.0.0_binary.zip)
redistfor installer, if needed
- Visual Studio® 2013 or Visual Studio® 2015 to build from source
- Visual Studio 2015 required for DirectX 12
- Visual Studio is not needed if you just want to run the binary (TressFX_Sample_v4.0.0_binary.zip)