AMD SuperSample Anti-Aliasing (SSAA) Sample
The SSAA11 DirectX 11 sample demonstrates some of the ways in which to reduce scene aliasing without using a post process technique. Methods include multisample antialiasing (MSAA), supersample antialiasing (SSAA) and enhanced quality antialiasing (EQAA).
- AMD Radeon™ GCN-based GPU (HD 7000 series or newer)
- 64-bit Windows® 7 (SP1 with the Platform Update), Windows® 8.1, or Windows® 10
- Visual Studio® 2012, Visual Studio® 2013, or Visual Studio® 2015
- Visual Studio solutions for VS2012, VS2013, and VS2015 can be found in the
- Additional documentation can be found in the
The Visual Studio solutions and projects in this repo were generated with Premake. To generate the project files yourself (for another version of Visual Studio, for example), open a command prompt in the
premake directory and execute the following command:
update_vs_files_for_dx11_sample.bat ssaa11 [action]
- For example:
update_vs_files_for_dx11_sample.bat ssaa11 vs2010
This version of Premake has been modified from the stock version to use the property sheet technique for the Windows SDK from this Visual C++ Team blog post. The technique was originally described for using the Windows 8.0 SDK with Visual Studio 2010, but it applies more generally to using newer versions of the Windows SDK with older versions of Visual Studio.
The default SDK for a particular version of Visual Studio (for 2012 or higher) is installed as part of Visual Studio installation. This default (Windows 8.0 SDK for Visual Studio 2012 and Windows 8.1 SDK for Visual Studio 2013) will be used if newer SDKs do not exist on the user's machine. However, the projects generated with this version of Premake will use the next higher SDK (Windows 8.1 SDK for Visual Studio 2012 and Windows 10 SDK with Visual Studio 2013), if the newer SDKs exist on the user's machine.
For Visual Studio 2015, this version of Premake adds the
WindowsTargetPlatformVersion element to the project file to specify which version of the Windows SDK will be used. To change
WindowsTargetPlatformVersion for Visual Studio 2015, change the value for
premake\amd_premake_util.lua and regenerate the Visual Studio files.
- DXUT is distributed under the terms of the MIT License. See
- Premake is distributed under the terms of the BSD License. See
- AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, and combinations thereof are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
- Microsoft, DirectX, Visual Studio, and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.