Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Major release after many months of development in "master" branch and feature branches. Notable new features: defragmentation of GPU memory, buddy algorithm, convenience functions for sparse binding.
- New, more powerful defragmentation:
- Added structure
- Added support for defragmentation of GPU memory.
- Defragmentation of CPU memory now uses
memmove, so it can move data to overlapping regions.
- Defragmentation of CPU memory is now available for memory types that are
- Added structure member
- Major internal changes in defragmentation algorithm.
- VmaReplay: added parameters:
- Old interface (structure
vmaDefragment) is now deprecated.
- Added structure
- Added buddy algorithm, available for custom pools - flag
- Added convenience functions for multiple allocations and deallocations at once, intended for sparse binding resources - functions
- Added function that tries to resize existing allocation in place:
- Added flags for allocation strategy:
VMA_ALLOCATION_CREATE_STRATEGY_FIRST_FIT_BIT, and their aliases:
- Changed behavior of allocation functions to return
VK_ERROR_VALIDATION_FAILED_EXTwhen trying to allocate memory of size 0, create buffer with size 0, or image with one of the dimensions 0.
- VmaReplay: Added support for Windows end of lines.
- Updated recording CSV file format version to 1.5, to support new functions.
- Internal optimization: using read-write mutex on some platforms.
- Many additions and fixes in documentation. Many compatibility fixes for various compilers. Other internal bugfixes, optimizations, refactoring, added more internal validation...