This repository serves as a feedback forum for US Government APIs. Ideally, each agency operates its own public issue tracker or front facing feedback mechanism, but if they don't, this repo can serve that purpose.
API programs need a public forum for organic feedback, but we also will sometimes hold API Usability Sessions. You can see where the feedback from those are documented in the links below.
Feedback Links from Previous Sessions
- Dept. of Justice (Please use the DOJ label)
- DigitalGov Search (Please use the DigitalGov Search label)
- Mirage (Please use the API Usability Session label)
- For USDA (Please use the ARS label)
- For BusinessUSA
- For Social Media Registry API (Please use the API Usability Session label)
Have ideas or feedback for a government API?
- File an issue here.
- Be sure to tag your issue with the agency you're trying to give feedback to.
Want developer feedback for your APIs?
List your agency below and the community can promise you a speedy response.
- General Services Administration
- U.S. Department of State, Office of the Historian
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
Project To Do
- Is there a limit on the number of labels one can have in GitHub?
- Is there a way to create a widget for the issues that have a certain label? E.g., so an agency could apply
- Start a running best practices list that builds from this feedback, like this but better?
- Create some sort of chart that can serve as scoreboard for agencies (by label, number of issues/open/closed)