Who is Touchpoints built for?
A Persona represents a general category of user, based on the user's behaviors and needs. Often, Personas are "brought-to-life" via real-world examples, pictures, interviews. Generally, Personas are a place to collect and display information related to user needs.
List of Personas
- System Administrator - can manage all aspects of Touchpoints
- .gov Webmaster - User who manages an Organization's Touchpoints
- Organization Manager - User who manages an Organization, and its Services and Touchpoints
- Service Manager - User who manages one or more Services and Touchpoints
- Submission Viewer - User who
viewsone or more Services, Touchpoints, Submissions
- Public users - a non logged-in public user who uses a .gov website to access and or complete a Touchpoint for a Service
- Users can only belong to 1 Organization at a time
- A User can only be added to a Service that belongs to the same Organization as the User
- Admin has
- Organization Manager has
organization_managerflag set, and permissions apply for the Organization the user belongs to
- Webmaster & Service Manager & Submission Viewer can login and do not have
- Service Manager can login and has
ServiceManagerrelation in a
- Submission Viewer can login and has
SubmissionViewerrelation in a
- Public users do not login
For more detailed information on how each Persona can use Touchpoints, see the Use Cases.