Deploying a Touchpoint via GTM
The origin of Touchpoints was a tool called Recruiter. Recruiter leveraged Google Tag Manager (GTM), Google Forms, and Google Sheets to provide user-research signup forms.
Leveraging GTM makes a lot of sense in the federal domain, given GTM is often used to deploy DAP (Digital Analytics Program).
Thus, the purpose of this page is to document how to deploy a Touchpoint via an existing GTM implementation. It assumes you have already deployed the Google Tag Manager Container code to your website or service.
- Generate a Touchpoint
- Edit the Touchpoint's Form
- Copy the
<script src="https://your-touchpoints-url" async></script>snippet from the Touchpoint page.
- Create an HTML Tag in your Google Tag Manager Container
<script>snippet to the body of the Tag
- Add or modify any Triggers related to the Tag. Triggers are used to conditionally trigger a Tag.
- Test the Tag by putting the GTM Container in Preview Mode
- See the Test Submissions in Touchpoints
- Publish the GTM Container to deploy the survey 🎉