Web frontend to demonstrate Open APIs built during the Hack for Athens Project, http://hackforathens.org.
Live Demo available at
- Athens-Clarke County District Boundaries: https://communities.socrata.com/developers/docs/athens-clark-county-districts
- Athens-Clarke County District Commisioners: https://communities.socrata.com/developers/docs/acc-district-commissioners
- The current lat/lng pairs were extracted from a hand drawn KML file (using Google Earth). Ideally, someone would determine the lat/lng coordinates from the Georgia bill used to define the districts, http://www.legis.ga.gov/legislation/en-US/display/20112012/SB/494.
- Currently, the polygons for the districts are static information in hackydata.js. Using the https://communities.socrata.com/developers/docs/athens-clark-county-districts API would be nice to demonstrate to others how to use the API.
- Add address autocomplete, coffee script example: https://gist.github.com/GSto/c219aa6ab0043a3cad9d
- Contact ACC or CivicPlus to see about what APIs they provide.
Alexandria Drake, Amanda Newell, Glenn Stovall, Jennifer Johnston, Jonathan Wallace
ruby version is
cd to the root of the application
In your browser, go to