Bright Futures Academy Parent Portal
This is a web app built to manage payroll at Bright Futures Academy in Atlanta. It provides information for prospective students, and enrolled families can sign in to manage their students' tuition and other payments.
You'll need npm to run this project.
First, install the packages for both the client and server.
npm run postinstall
Running the app
You can start a development server at
localhost:5000 like this:
npm run server
Or just the frontend at
localhost:3000 like this:
npm run client
Or you can run the full app like this. The server and client can be found at
npm run dev
All issues are kept under the
Projects tab. If you find anything you'd like to
add or see fixed, add it there.
To make a pull request:
- Make a branch off of master by doing
git checkout -b <branch name>
- Make your changes and then do
git add .,
git commit -m "I made xyz changes",
git push --set-upstream origin <branch name>
- Go back to github and you'll see an option to open up a PR.
Pull requests should be reviewed by at least one active contributor. Please include screenshots with any frontend changes.
If you want to test changes that could break prod, we will use a "staging" site that mimics production but won't affect our live site. It is ok if this site is down or breaks as it is used for testing.
- Log in to Heroku: https://dashboard.heroku.com/
- Go to bright-futures-academy-staging
- Go to
- Scroll to the bottom, you should see "Deploy a GitHub branch"
- Select the branch you'd like to deploy
- If you want to see logs you can run
heroku loginand put in the credentials and then
heroku logs --tail --app bright-futures-academy-stagingor see the logs in the console
- If everything goes well you can see your app on https://bright-futures-academy-staging.herokuapp.com/
Don't break prod pls.
This project was built by the beautiful members of Bits of Good at Georgia Tech.