IRC Report System
This inventory system is being developed as a pilot system for the Atlanta office of IRC. It is meant to track inventory usage at their shopfront, and log volunteer hours. Further, it can create reports regarding contributions, month over month.
Requirements: Have Node.js 10 and npm installed. npm is automatically installed when you install Node.js. We need Node 10 because node-sass doesn't work with Node 12 (and Node 11 is no longer supported). If you're on Windows, also install Python 2.7.
- Clone the git repository.
npm install node-pre-gyp -g.
- In the \irc folder (main folder) run
- In \frontend-material run
- In \backend folder run
npm install(might just perform an audit).
- In \irc create a file called .env
- Set DB_USER and DB_PASS in the .env file (message Sukhmai for credentials).
Running the Program
- In the \irc folder run
- Open a new terminal instance and navigate to \frontend-material
npm startin \frontend-material
- After 20-30 seconds, the frontend should popup in your browser. Otherwise try to navigate to localhost:3000
- If you encounter any errors, verify if you completed the setup correctly. Otherwise, message me :)
The program is divided into two folders.
- Frontend-Material: Controls the ui and sends requests to the backend.
- backend: Interacts with the database, provides data to the frontend
The backend starts by running server.js.