Original creation date
Jamie 'GaProgMan' Taylor
Purpose of the project
After spending way too many hours in books stores pondering the eternal though of, "Do I have this book already?" I decided to create an Android app that will allow me to keep track of the Discworld Novels that I have already purchased. This repo is the fruit of my labour so far. Currently, the app loads a selection of "elements" from a string-array (found in /res/values/elementTitles.xml) at boot-time and uses these to create an array of "element" objects. These objects are used to represent the novels in the series. elementTitles.xml is in no way complete - it contains only a few titles, to aid in testing. As of 18/01/2013, the element objects do nothing once they have been created. Future revisions, however, will include an array of check boxes (displayed in a list), each representing an individual "element" object.
A more up to date description of this project can be found at GaProgMan's Wiki: http://wiki.gaprogman.com/index.php?title=dwChecker
2016-06-05 Jamie Taylor
- Removed License section of Readme
- Added link to Wiki entry for project into Readme
2016-05-25 - Jamie Taylor
- Began re-implementing entire code base from the ground up.
- Added SQLite code to perform CRU (of CRUD) operations
- Added a service class (will be expanded on in a later commit) for adding default books when no database is present.
- Happy Glorious 25th of May!
2013-05-27 - Jamie Taylor
- Updated Readme to use Markdown
2013-01-18 - Jamie Taylor
- Re-design and re-implementation of classes
- Added element and elementLoader classes
- Removed depricated code
2012-05-02 - Jamie Taylor
- Initial creation of solution
- Added all source code to solution
- Re-written README to make solution
- Added content to chapterOne and chapterTwoDiscworldNovelCheckList