Django Debug Toolbar Memcache
This is a fork of Ross's excellent Memcache Debug Toolbar. It's an add-on for Django
Debug Toolbar for tracking memcached usage. It currently supports both the
In this fork I'm refactoring the project to be more in line with django-debug-toolbar panels. And I use its utilities and helpers to implement this panel. It is based on the sql toolbar and has similar presentation and information.
These are some further technical differences from Memcache Debug Toolbar:
- No more inheriting client classes. Just using replace_call on the client methods. Which means explicit import is not needed
- Use utilities from debug_toolbar. Not sure why that would blow up.
- Record directly to panel instance instead of a Calls instance. Should be more thread safe.
- Collect and display template information from the stack trace.
- Display stacktrace and template info the same way sql panel does.
- Use same row toggle logic as sql panel, skip extra jquery.
- Install and configure Django Debug Toolbar.
- Add the
debug_toolbar_memcacheapp to your
You'll need to add the panel corresponding to the library you'll be using to the list of debug toolbar's panels in the order in which you'd like it to appear:
DEBUG_TOOLBAR_PANELS = ( ... 'debug_toolbar_memcache.panels.memcache.MemcachePanel', # if you use pylibmc you'd include its panel instead # 'debug_toolbar_memcache.panels.pylibmc.PylibmcPanel', )