OpenGL ES 3.0 Deferred Renderer
This is a sample demonstrating how to create a deferred renderer on OpenGL ES 3.0 devices. The sample shows off three differerent renderers: forward rendering, deferred lighting and deferrred shading.
Building the code
There's a makefile in
projects/android/ used to simplify calling all the Android build commands.
make initto call
android update project, updating the project for your environment
make allwill call both
make installto install the sample onto your device
make runruns the installed executable
make killstops the executable
Running the Sample
The sample has a few important controls:
- 1 finger pan - rotate camera
- 2 finger pan - pan camera (forward, backward, strafe)
- Tap top left quadrant - cycle between different renderers (forward, deferred lighting and deferred rendering)
- Tap bottom left quadrant - toggle the movement of the lights
- Tap top right quadrant - tobble between native device resolution and 720p
- Toggling resolution on certain Android devices leads to inconsistant screen size.