Welcome to the New Modification Club!
The DDLC Mod Template 2.0 is a Mod Template for Doki Doki Literature Club by GanstaKingofSA that adhere to the Team Salvato IP Guidelines for fan mods.
Follow these steps to set up the template.
- Download and run the Ren'Py 6.99.12 SDK. (NOTE: DDLC does not work with
.rpycfiles generated with other versions of the Ren'Py SDK)
- Go to releases to download the latest build of the template.
- Place the files in the Ren'Py working directory (default is the
- Download the DDLC files, available for free at http://ddlc.moe or Steam ('Steam/steamapps/common/Doki Doki Literature Club') & drop the
fonts.rpafiles from it into the /game directory. (Do not include the
scripts.rpafile, as this will create conflicts.)
- Launch the project in Ren'Py. It should compile & run.
- Navigate the Ren'Py menu & select "Build Distributions." Check "DDLC Compatible Mod" and build the mod. This will create a cross-platform .ZIP file with files for the mod & installation instructions.
- Build Packaging! Distribute cross-platform mods with ease thanks to Ren'Py.
- Mod Installation Instructions & Guide! Run the game to get a short introduction by Monika!
- Splash Screen on First Load. This adheres to the Team Salvato guidelines for creating fan mods of the game.
- Remastered RPY's to be exact replicas of DDLC's with explainations.
- Customizable! Use this as a starting point for any ideas you wish to create.
- Xcode Support! Open this project in Xcode and you can edit, build, and run your mod without opening Ren'Py Launcher ever again!
Note: You need to change your
RENPY_TOOLlocation and the Ren'Py app location in the target scheme for Xcode. Learn more ›
- Ghost Menu (Dan's Spooky Easter Egg)
- Sayori Kill Script (If you delete Sayori before the game starts a new game, new screen takes over)
- Special Poems! (Random Special Poems appear when prompted)
splash.rpyto be a exact replica of DDLC's Splash Screen and more!
- Poem Responses! (Doki's respond to your custom poems!)
- Terra's In-Depth Poem Game Guide!
- Community Driven Tutorial (Coming Soon!)
- Xcode Support for Mac OS/OS X!
- NVL Support!