PlanetSide 1 GameLogger
The frontend C# GUI for a extensible PlanetSide 1 (PS1) event logger loosely modeled after Wireshark. It is able to capture arbitrary game events, such as state changes (leaving/joining world, entering/exiting a vehicle, etc.). Currently it only captures unencrypted network packets as that is the most critical data source from PS1.
To achieve this, it communicates with a game-specific DLL over a named pipe using a special protocol. Multiple loggers (at max 5) can run simultaneously on different instances of the game.
Created to assist the PSForever project.
- Automatic DLL injection using
- Customizable communication protocol between logger and DLL
- Simple and robust GCAP capture file format (similar to PCAP)
- Performant ListView for multi-million record viewing
- Capture record batching for low-overhead capturing
- Capture Record filtering (a la Wireshark)
- Automatic packet decoding and viewing
- Display of capture file statistics/metadata
MIT. See LICENSE.md.