GearHost is committed to providing a stellar customer experience. As an essential part of this commitment, we offer limited free technical support to all applications running on the GearHost platform. Free technical support is limited to the scope, hours, contacts, and channels below.
GearHost offers free support for the technologies supported by GearHost and is limited to the following:
Installation and Configuration Issues
- Installation of application dependencies
- Best practices for configuration of support application dependencies
- General questions about supported software packages
- Identifying problems preventing an application from starting or running on GearHost
- Providing workarounds or resolutions for known problems
- Answering general how-to questions, and providing pointers to documentation
- Troubleshooting supported software packages showing erratic or faulty behavior on GearHost, independent of the user's application code
GearHost's technical support services do not extend to the following areas:
- General debugging of user applications
- Rewriting application code for compatibility with GearHost
- Modifying and/or patching third party or Open Source software packages for compatibility with GearHost
GearHost does not offer a paid consulting or professional services program
2. Who can contact support?
Limited free technical support is available to all registered users of GearHost. Support requests will only be processed if:
- The request is made through one of our official support channels (see below)
- The request originates from a registered GearHost account email address
- The requester has collaborator access to any specific GearHost applications pertaining to the request
3. Support Channels
Documentation: Free technical support is available 24x7 using our extensive documentation.
Web: Registered GearHost users can submit a support ticket and view history on previously opened tickets.
Email: If you are unable to log in or access your account, you may submit a ticket by sending an e-mail from your GearHost account email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GearHost support offers 9x5 coverage. Hours are 8AM - 5PM Mountain Time, Monday - Friday, excluding US Holidays. Support inquiries may be submitted at any time.
5. Proactive Monitoring
The GearHost Cloud Platform is monitored 24/7/365 by comprehensive automated systems. In the event of any issue affecting the health and operation of the GearHost infrastructure, core systems, or tools, our dedicated operations team is notified and will respond immediately to diagnose and correct any issues. This 24x7 monitoring covers the entire GearHost platform, benefiting all GearHost users.
In the event of a platform issue, a notice will be posted on our platform status site at www.gearhoststatus.com to promptly communicate the impact and status of any such issue. If there's an ongoing platform issue, you do not need to submit a support ticket. Instead, monitor the status page which will always be kept up-to-date with the latest progress and information.