Gecko Download Manager (geckoDM) for Echo360
This project started because 4 Monash kids were sick of downloading lectures individually and wanted to code instead of study during SWOTVAC
This Chrome Extension allows students to download all their lectures (that they probably won't watch anyway) from Echo360 online services with the click of a single button.
To see supported institutions visit https://github.com/GeckoDM/GeckoDownloadManager/wiki/Supported-Institutions
1. Go to the Echo download link provided by your institution.
2. Load the Echo page (via the link), click on the Gecko extension.
- Click on load Lectures.
- Select Lectures to download.
- Click on download.
3. Downloading lectures.
4. On Disk.
- Figure out how to download stuff
Handle download limits i.e. Can only download 6 files at a time.I think Chrome handles this.
- Specify download path (filesystem can only be used on Chrome apps, can have option to insert path via GUI?)
- Name files downloaded
- Support incognito?
- Differentiate between recordings on the same day?
- Migrate to MDL (Material Design Lite)
- Fix download blocking (multiple downloads, slow internet)
- Downloading many files in a short time span sometimes leads to Echo360 or Amazon S3 blocking downloads (sometimes it greys out lectures).