Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
GSC Estimation of EP
Estimation of Energy Performance of buildings
Estimation of buildings energy need (in kWh/m2*year) based on physical/thermal properties; residential buildings to be estimated using basic attributes (age of construction, building type, height, …) with thermal extra-properties based on TABULA project typologies.
Completed. Based on a previous version of algorithm implemented in Sunshine project, based on a scheduled Kettle procedure at database level. The development and extension made in GeoSmartCity has been focused on WPS interface implementation, based on GeoServer.
Integrated test with client (Marousi and Oeiras web clients)
Estimation of energy performance for buildings with different usage (e.g. offices, schools, industry) is not available, as typological data used are based on TABULA project (focused on residential only).
The model estimate energy need (in kWh/m2*year) of residential buildings based on physical/thermal properties like age of construction, hegth, building type,.... and thermal propierties based on TABULA project.
The estimation of the energy neeeded at building level will be performed using the standard wps request. The request take as input the following information.
- layer: contain the FeatureCollection of the buildings layer (can be used a wfs FeatureCollection, or a predefined layer already published by geoserver).
- climaticZone: it contains the codename of the tabula climatc zone defined by tabula that is used to compute the energy performace of buildings.
- begin (not mandatory): name of the attribute that contains the begin construction year of buildings.
- end (mandatory): name of the attribute that contains the end construction year of buildings. If the begin field is used, the data considered by the computation is the midle of the 2 values.
- height (not mandatory):name of the attribute that contains the heigtht of the building.
- floors (not mandatory):name of the attribute that contains the number of floors of the buildings.
- aveFloor (not mandatory):name of the attribute that contains the information of the average floor heigth of the building.
- refurbihment (not mandatory): name of the attribute that contains the information about the refurbihment level. The values on the layer can be:
- 0 : no refurbihment
- 1 : standard
- 2 : advance If this field is not edited all buildings use the standard refurbihment.
- residential (not mandatory): name of the attribute that indicates whether the building is residential. If this field is not edited all building is considered as residential
- id: field that indicate a key to add at the layer that will be generate.
As result of the computation a FeatureCollection is returned. It contatis the following main properies:
- epe : energy performance in summer.
- epi : energy performance in winter.
- epht : energy performance for how-atter.
- uRoof : roof heat transfer coefficients.
- uFloor : floor heat transfer coefficients.
- uWall : wall heat transfer coefficients.
- uWind : window heat transfer coefficients.
- pWind : percentage windowed of the building.