- Cells spanning arbitrary numbers of rows and/or columns (colspan / rowspan)
- A footer row that mimics the behavior of the header row, with similar options and controls.
- Enhanced info feed to/from Formatters and Editors
- Formatters can now change/augment the cell's CSS classes (no more need for SPAN or DIV in cell plus fixup CSS to apply styling to entire cell)
- Indirect data addressing via DataView
- Formatters and Editors adapted for the above
- Internal and external Copy/Cut/Paste through the usual keyboard shortcuts
- Mouse & Touch support
grid.updateColumnWidths()API: very significant performance improvement; pull request with notes here
grid.getId()lets you get the uid of the grid instance
- Triggers existing event
onColumnsResizedwhen you change the column widths
- Triggers a new event
onColumnsChangedwhen you set the columns
- Exposes the existing method
grid.setupColumnResize(), which allows you to re-enable column resizing if you're manually screwing around with the headers.
- Some new options on
resizeCanvaslet you prevent some of the expensive calculations, useful if you're doing them yourself externally.
This fork adds the following method:
Using this method improves the performance of changing the width of one or more grid columns by a lot. The existing API only allows for a whole grid redraw, which can be very slow. Pull request with notes here. Use cases for fast column size adjustment may be: auto-sizing columns to fit content, responsive sizing cells to fill the screen, and similar.
Also exposes the existing method
grid.setupColumnResize, which allows you to re-enable column resizing if you're manually screwing around with the headers.
UPDATE: March 5th, 2014 - I have too many things going on in my life right now to really give SlickGrid support and development the time and attention it deserves. I am not stopping it, but I will most likely be unresponsive for some time. Sorry.
- Adaptive virtual scrolling (handle hundreds of thousands of rows with extreme responsiveness)
- Extremely fast rendering speed
- Supports jQuery UI Themes
- Background post-rendering for richer cells
- Configurable & customizable
- Full keyboard navigation
- Column resize/reorder/show/hide
- Column autosizing & force-fit
- Pluggable cell formatters & editors
- Support for editing and creating new rows.
- Grouping, filtering, custom aggregators, and more!
- Advanced detached & multi-field editors with undo/redo support.
- “GlobalEditorLock” to manage concurrent edits in cases where multiple Views on a page can edit the same data.
- Support for millions of rows
- extend the set of unit tests for DataView to help test grouping behaviour (which currently has bugs) and indirect access
- extend set of examples, including external keyboard driver (e.g. keymaster.js)
- 'pace' the new delayed render activity, etc. using an external 'clock': now everything is running on individual setTimeout()s and userland code needs more control over when these fire exactly.
- enable Copy/Cut/Paste via externally triggered event or API call (so you can execute those commands from external controls)
- integrate the fixed-row/column work by JLynch7; that merge branch is currently botched -- EDIT: do not do this; see mleibman#1033 (#1033)
- unify Formatters and Editors' API in terms of info passed
- using jsperf and tests/*.html performance measurements to check current performance and possibly improve it -- EDIT: already did a lot in the render code
- update wiki with API changes re Formatters and Editors
- run script / tool to extract/update contributor/author list