v1.5 (released 2019/??/??)
- Improved support for FreeBSD and DragonFly BSD:
- FreeBSD 10.0's iconv() is used if available. Otherwise, libiconv is used.
- Fix LDFLAG detection for compressed debug sections (and others).
- General build fixes for differences in e.g. system headers.
- The SCSI handlers now have a one-sector cache. This should improve
performance in many cases, since the various RomData subclasses do small
reads for certain things instead of one giant read.
- FIXME: Need to make use of the cache in the "contiguous" read section.
- Improved support for FreeBSD and DragonFly BSD:
New parser features:
- WiiWAD, iQuePlayer: Display the console IDs from tickets. This is usually 0x00000000 for system titles and unlicensed copies.
- In some cases, the SCSI handlers for both Linux and Windows weren't working properly. In particular, on Linux, attempting to read "too much" data at once resulted in getting nothing, and on both systems, in some cases, passing a buffer larger than the number of requested sectors results in the sectors being loaded at the end of the buffer, not the beginning.
v1.4 (released 2019/08/04)
- The Cairo graphics library is now used for GTK+ 3.x builds.
- The un-premultiply function, used for DXT2 and DXT4 images, now has an SSE4.1-optimized implementation. The standard implementation has also been optimized to be somewhat faster.
- The XFCE frontend can now be built for both GTK+ 2.x and 3.x.
- File metadata is now exported to the desktop environment. This includes e.g. dimensions for textures and duration for audio. Currently supported on KDE and Windows.
- Support for gzipped files. This is important for VGMs, which are commonly distributed in gzipped format (.vgz).
- ROM images for Nintendo DS and 3DS with "dangerous" permissions now have
an overlay icon on Windows and KDE. This normally happens with certain
homebrew that requires full system access (or system titles), but it's
also possible that someone could create a malicious homebrew title
disguised as a retail game.
- NOTE: The Windows implementation currently requires Windows Vista or later.
- NOTE 2: The Windows implementation was disabled for this release due to unexplained crashes.
- rpcli will now print multi-line entries in lists using multiple lines instead of showing a U+240A symbol between lines.
- RFT_LISTDATA fields (ListView, etc.) can now have text alignment set by the various RomData subclasses.
- Added an option to disable thumbnailing and metadata extraction on network file systems and "bad" file systems. The option is set by default to reduce slowdown.
- Added a UI frontend for the MATE Desktop Environment using the Caja file browser. MATE 1.18 or later is required. (GTK+ 3.x)
- WiiWAD: Wii WAD packages. Contains WiiWare, Virtual Console, and other
installable titles. Supports GameTDB image downloads for most WADs,
and extracts the internal icon and banner for DLC WADs.
- Also supports early devkit WADs that use a slightly different format.
- WiiSave: Encrypted Wii save files. These are the data.bin files present on the SD card when copying a save file from the Wii Menu.
- WiiWIBN: Wii banner files. These are contained in encrypted Wii save
files and Wii DLC WADs, and are present as standalone files in unencrypted
Wii save directories as
- MachO: Mach-O binary parser for Mac OS X and related operating systems. Includes support for Universal Binaries.
- NGPC: Neo Geo Pocket (Color) ROM image parser.
- Xbox360_XDBF: Xbox 360 XDBF resource files. Only the variant used by XEX executables is supported at the moment.
- Xbox360_XEX: Xbox 360 executables.
- XboxXPR: Xbox XPR0 textures.
- Used in save files and elsewhere.
- Currently only supports XPR0. XPR1 and XPR2 are texture archives, and support for those may be added later.
- ISO: ISO-9660 parser.
- Parses the Primary Volume Descriptor for ISO-9660 images.
- Sega Mega CD, Sega Saturn, and Sega Dreamcast parsers now show the ISO-9660 PVD using the new ISO-9660 parser.
- XboxDisc: Xbox and Xbox 360 disc image parser.
- Reads default.xbe and/or default.xex from the XDVDFS partition and calls the appropriate parser to handle thise files.
- Supports reading original discs if a supported DVD-ROM drive with Kreon firmware is connected.
- Xbox_XBE: Original Xbox executables.
- Xbox360_STFS: Xbox 360 packages.
- iQuePlayer: iQue Player content metadata and ticket files.
- WiiWAD: Wii WAD packages. Contains WiiWare, Virtual Console, and other installable titles. Supports GameTDB image downloads for most WADs, and extracts the internal icon and banner for DLC WADs.
New audio parsers:
- ADX: CRI ADX audio format. Used by many Sega games.
- GBS: Game Boy Sound System. Used for Game Boy audio rips.
- Supports GBS files embedded in GBS Player ROM images.
- NSF: Nintendo Sound Format. Used for NES audio rips.
- PSF: Portable Sound Format. Used for PlayStation audio rips. Subformats are used for several other platforms.
- SAP: Atari 8-bit audio format.
- SID: Commodore 64 SID Music format.
- SNDH: Atari ST audio format. Supports uncompressed files and files compressed using the ICE! algorithm.
- SPC: Super NES SPC-700 audio format.
- VGM: Video Game Music format. Used for all sorts of video game audio rips, including Sega Mega Drive and Neo Geo Pocket.
- BRSTM: Nintendo Wii BRSTM audio files.
- BCSTM: Nintendo 3DS BCSTM and BCWAV audio files.
- Also supports Nintendo Wii U BFSTM audio files.
New parser features:
- DMG: Added support for the GBX footer. This is used to indicate certain cartridge features that either can't be represented in the DMG header or aren't properly represented in e.g. unlicensed games.
- For non-DX10 textures, the equivalent DX10 format is now shown if it can be determined.
- BC7 texture compression is now supported.
- Two PT_DYNAMIC headers are now displayed if present:
- Linkage is now only shown for executables.
- Two PT_DYNAMIC headers are now displayed if present:
- Split the GameCube opening.bnr code into a separate parser. This allows standalone GameCube opening.bnr files to be handled.
- Display the title ID for Wii games, since it might be different than the game ID.
- Show access rights, i.e. AHBPROT and DVD Video.
- Detect Wii update partitions that have Boot2 and a single IOS, but not a System Menu.
- Added support for NASOS images. (GCML, WII5, and WII9)
- GCMM images are not supported yet because there doesn't seem to be any documentation on how to create one.
- Added China and Taiwan region codes.
- Added support for standalone Wii partitions. These are commonly used with the NKit tool to restore full Wii disc images.
- NES: Added support for the internal footer present in some ROMs. This footer is used for, among other things, FamicomBox.
- Nintendo3DS: Split the SMDH code into a separate parser. This should make maintenance easier.
- The "Access Control" field (labeled "Permissions") is now shown for ROMs with DSi functionality. Both permissions and flags are now shown on a new tab, and they both use a listbox instead of a grid of checkboxes.
- DSi flags are now shown for NDS ROMs released after the DSi, since these ROMs have some DSi-specific headers for signature verification, even if they aren't DSi-enhanced.
- SegaPVR: Support for SVR files used on the Sony PlayStation 2.
- Most formats are supported, excluding those that require an external palette.
- Format 0x61 (rectangle, swizzled) is partially supported.
- 4-bit textures >=128x128 might not be unswizzled correctly at the moment.
- Nintendo 3DS:
- Handle DLC packages with more than 64 contents.
- Correctly handle localized titles. Previously, English titles were used regardless of the system region.
- Linux: Fixed a file handle leak that was only noticeable when handling
more than 1,023 files in one invocation of the
- GameCube: Fix bug that prevented "EUR" and "JPN" from being appended to region code descriptions if the game's BI2 region doesn't match the ID4 region.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when viewing the properties of a Windows 1.0 executable in any UI frontend other than rpcli.
- Fixed inverted "windowsSetting" flags.
- CBCReader: Added unaligned read support and fixed positioning issues when reading unencrypted data. This only affected the Xbox360_XEX parser; WiiSave, WiiWAD, and CIAReader were not affected.
- MegaDrive: Fixed an off-by-one error that caused Mega CD disc images to be detected as Mega Drive ROM images.
- ETC2: Fixed alpha decoding for GL_COMPRESSED_RGBA8_ETC2_EAC. Note that the test case image used the incorrect decoding, so tests didn't catch this bug.
- SegaPVR: Fixed Small VQ decoding for 16x16 and 32x32 textures without mipmaps.
- Nintendo 3DS:
- Removed S2TC decoding. The first version of rom-properties with support for S3TC, v1.2, was released after the S3TC patents expired. Since the patents expired, S3TC can be unconditionally enabled, and we don't need the S2TC decoder or test images anymore.
- The Linux UI frontends will no longer initialize if running as root.
rpcliwill still run as root for now, though it's not recommended.
- The XDG MIME database rom-properties.xml is now installed on Linux systems. This provides MIME types for formats not currently present in FreeDesktop.org's shared-mime-info database.
v1.3.3 (released 2018/08/25)
- GameCube: Fixed a crash when downloading external images for Disc 2 from multi-disc games. Thanks to @Nomelas for reporting this bug.
v1.3.2 (released 2018/06/30)
Linux: Fixed a crash on GNOME and XFCE when using Ubuntu 16.04. IFUNC was not being disabled on gcc5 in the GTK+ directory.
XFCE: The Specialized Thumbnailer file has a MimeTypes key, not MimeType.
v1.3.1 (released 2018/06/12)
Windows: Fixed a bug that caused Explorer to crash if a supported file had an internal image whose width was not a multiple of 8.
- Wii U: The .wux file extension wasn't registered on Windows, so it wasn't properly detected.
v1.3 - The Internationalization Release (released 2018/06/02)
- Most strings are now localizable. The gettext utilities and libintl library are used to provide localization support.
- All builds now use UTF-8 for text encoding. This increases overhead
slightly on Windows due to required UTF-8 to UTF-16 conversion, but it
reduces the DLL size. (The Qt build doesn't have much overhead difference,
since it has to copy char16_t data into QString before using it anyway.)
rp_stringtypedefs have been removed.
- The 16-bit and 32-bit array byteswapping functions have been optimized using MMX, SSE2, and SSSE3.
New texture formats:
- Khronos KTX textures: https://www.khronos.org/opengles/sdk/tools/KTX/file_format_spec/
- Valve VTF textures: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Texture_Format
- Valve VTF3 (PS3) textures: Reverse-engineered from Portal for PS3.
- ELF: Executable and Linkable Format. Used by Linux, most Unix systems, and many other platforms, including GameCube and Wii. A modified version, RPX/RPL, is used on Wii U and is also supported.
- game.com: Tiger game.com ROM images. Supports properties and icons.
New system features:
- Super NES: Satellaview BS-X ROM headers are now decoded properly.
- Wii: Added support for unencrypted images from debug systems and GCM images with SDK headers.
- NES: Improved publisher lookup for FDS titles.
- Wii U: Display game publishers; added support for .wux disc images.
- DMG: Added more entry point formats.
- DirectDrawSurface: Untested support for Xbox One textures.
- NintendoDS: Improved DSi flag decoding; added key index decoding.
- N64: Fix CRC fields; added Release field.
New compressed texture formats:
- Ericsson ETC1 and ETC2
- Variations of S3TC compression in different texture formats, including support for both RGTC and LATC in Khronos KTX files.
- Support for DXT1 with and without 1-bit alpha. Alpha selection is supported by Khronos KTX and Valve VTF. For other texture file formats, the DXT1_A1 algorithm is selected for maximum compatibility.
- EXE: "Product Version" was showing the same value as "File Version". It's usually the same, but there are cases where these version numbers are different, e.g. wrapper EXEs for interpreted programs.
- rp-config: If a key is present in keys.conf but has no value, it was previously listed as invalid. It's now listed as empty.
- KhronosKTX: Copy sBIT if the image needs to be vertically flipped.
- Win32: The Properties tab sometimes didn't show up if another program claimed ownership of the file extension, e.g. VS2017 handling .dds files. The tab is now registered to handle all files, though it will only show up if the file is actually supported by rom-properties.
- DreamcastSave: Trim spaces from the end of text fields.
- KDE frontends: Enabled the "ROM Properties" tab on files located on the desktop.
- MegaDrive: Fixed detection of some unlicensed ROMs that have extra text in the "System" field.
- GameCube: Fixed a crash when reading a Wii disc image that has no game partition.
- GTK+: Fixed a potential crash if running on a system that doesn't support SSSE3 instructions.
- Win32: rp-config's option to clear the rom-properties cache didn't do anything. It now clears the rom-properties cache directory.
- libromdata/ has been reorganized to use subdirectories for type of system. This currently includes "Console", "Handheld", "Texture", and "Other".
- rpcli no longer supports BMP output. Use PNG output instead.
v1.2 - The Dreamcast Release (released 2017/11/12)
- rpcli, rp-stub, rp-thumbnailer-dbus: PNG images now have an
sBITchunk, which indicates the number of bits per channel that were present in the original image. In addition, RGB images that don't have an alpha channel are now saved as RGB PNGs instead of ARGB PNGs, which usually results in a smaller file.
- Some functions are now optimized using SIMD instructions if supported by
the host system's CPU:
- Sega Mega Drive: SMD format decoding (SSE2)
- 15/16-bit linear RGB decoding (SSE2)
- 24-bit linear RGB image decoding (SSSE3)
- 32-bit linear ARGB/xRGB image decoding (SSSE3)
- rpcli, rp-stub, rp-thumbnailer-dbus: PNG images now have an
- Sega PVR and GVR decoding. These are texture files used in Sega games on Dreamcast, GameCube, and various PC ports.
- Microsoft DirectDraw Surface decoding. These are texture files used in various PC games. Supports several uncompressed RGB and ARGB formats, DXTn, BC4, and BC5.
- Nintendo Badge Arcade decoding. Supports both PRBS (badge) and CABS (badge set) files. PRBS decoding supports mega badges as well.
- Sega Dreamcast disc images. Currently supports raw track 03 disc images in 2048-byte and 2352-byte sector formats, and GD-ROM cuesheets (*.gdi).
- Sega Saturn disc images. Currently supports raw track 01 disc images in 2048-byte and 2352-byte sector formats.
- Atari Lynx ROM images. Currently only supports headered images.
New system features:
- Nintendo DS: Detect "Mask ROM" separately from Secure Area encryption. This indicates if the $1000-$3FFF area is blank. This area cannot be read on hardware (or the method to read it is unknown), so it's always 0 bytes in dumped ROMs. The official SDK puts unknown pseudo-random data here, so DSiWare and Wii U VC SRLs will have non-zero data here.
- Game Boy: "Game Boy Color" will now only be shown for GBC-exclusive ROMs instead of both GBC-exclusive and GBC-enhanced.
- Nintendo 3DS: Display the game title that most closely matches the system language. This was already done for Nintendo DS titles, and is also being done for Nintendo Badge Arcade files, which use a language setup similar to Nintendo 3DS.
- Fixed decoding of BGR555 images. The lower part of the R channel was shifted the wrong amount, resulting in an incorrect Red value expansion.
- (KDE4) rp_create_thumbnail(): Set the MIME type in the thumbnail file.
- Wii U: Make sure GameCube and Wii magic numbers aren't present in the disc header. This ensures that a GCN/Wii disc image with the game ID "WUP-" doesn't get detected as a Wii U disc image.
- Fixed CIAReader failing to compile in no-crytpto builds.
- (Windows) The icon in the property sheet page is now scaled instead of vertically cropped if it's larger than 32x32.
- (Windows) The first text field on the properties page is no longer automatically selected when the page is first selected.
- Nintendo 3DS:
- Fixed detection of certain truncated CIA files.
- Detect NDHT and NARC CIAs correctly.
- The PNG compression level is now set to the default value instead of 5. This corresponds to 6 with libpng-1.6.31 and zlib-1.2.11.
- The system text conversion functions are now used for handling Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1) encoding instead of our own conversion function. In particular, this means the C1 control characters (0x80-0x9F) are no longer invalid and will be converted to the corresponding Unicode code points.
- When comparing byteswapped data to a constant, the byteswapping macro is now used on the constant instead of the variable. This is needed in order to byteswap the constant at compile time in MSVC builds. (gcc does this even if the byteswap is on the variable.)
- Updated MiniZip to an unofficial fork: https://github.com/nmoinvaz/minizip
- rp-config: Added an "About" tab.
- Symbolic links are now resolved when searching for related files, e.g.
pairs of .VMI/.VMS files for Dreamcast saves. For example, if you have
/dir/main.vms, and a symlink
/save.vmi -> /dir/main.vmi, the symlink will now be resolved and the VMS file will be loaded. This feature is supported on Linux and Windows (Vista or later).
- Note that Windows Explorer appears to automatically dereference symlinks when using IExtractImage, which is what ends up being used anyway because IThumbnailProvider doesn't provide a full path.
- rp-config: The key manager can now import keys from Wii U otp.bin files.
v1.1 (released 2017/07/04)
- (KDE) rp-config is now available in both the KDE4 and KDE5 frontends. This is based on the rp-thumbnail stub that was previously used for the GNOME frontend. Both of them are now part of a new executable, rp-stub.
- (KDE, Windows) rp-config now has a Key Manager tab, which allows you to edit and verify encryption keys. There is also a key import function, which allows you to import keys from certain types of key files.
- (XFCE) Thumbnailing is now supported using tumblerd's D-Bus specialized thumbnailer interface. (#39)
- Nintendo 3DS firmware binaries are now supported. For official FIRM binaries, the CRC32 is compared against an internal database of known versions. This currently includes 1.0 through 11.4. For unofficial FIRM, various heuristics are used to determine if it's a well-known homebrew title.
- Sega 8-bit: Initial reader for Sega 8-bit ROM images. Currently supports Sega Master System and Game Gear ROMs that have the "TMR SEGA" header, as well as Codemasters and SDSC extra headers.
New system features:
- Encrypted DSiWare CIAs are now supported, provided you have the keys set up in keys.conf. (Slot0x3D, KeyX, KeyY-0 through KeyY-5; or, Slot0x3D KeyNormal-0 through KeyNormal-5)
- Nintendo 3DS: The logo section is now checked and displayed. Official Nintendo logos and a few Homebrew logos are supported. Anything else is listed as "Custom".
- Mega Drive: A new "Vector Table" tab has been added. This tab shows the Initial SP and Entry Point, plus several other vectors.
- Mega Drive: A second ROM Header tab for locked-on ROMs has been added. This shows the ROM header information for locked-on ROMs for e.g. "Sonic 3 & Knuckles".
- PlayStation Saves: Save formats other than PSV (*.mcb, *.mcx, *.pda, *.psx, *.mcs, *.ps1, and raw saves) are now supported.
- Nintendo 3DS: Application permissions are now listed for CIAs and CCIs. (Requires decrypted images or the appropriate encryption keys.)
- EXE: MS-DOS executables now show more information.
- (GNOME) The .thumbnailer file was not packaged in the Ubuntu pre-built packages, which prevented thumbnailing from working.
- Fixed issues with Shift-JIS titles in some PS1 save files. The title fields had garbage characters after the main title, with NULLs before and after the garbage characters. (#83)
- (Windows) Property page: Fixed icon resizing for icons smaller than 32x32. This only affects PS1 save files at the moment.
- (GTK+) In the file properties dialog, animated icons are now paused when the tab isn't visible. This reduces CPU usage.
v1.0 (released 2017/05/20)
New systems supported:
- Windows/DOS: Executables, dynamic link libraries, and other types of executable files are supported. Includes parsing of version and manifest resources. Icon thumbnailing on non-Windows systems will be added in a future release.
- Nintendo Wii U: Full disc images (*.wud) are supported, with image downloads for disc, cover, 3D cover, and full cover scans.
- Nintendo 3DS: SMDH, 3DSX, CCI (*.3ds), CIA, and NCCH files are supported. Parts of some formats (CCI, CIA, NCCH) may require decryption keys. If the keys are not available, then some information will not be available.
- Property page viewers now support subtabs. This is used for Windows executables that contain version and manifest resources.
- JPEG is now supported for image downloads from external image databases. GameTDB uses JPEG for certain image types, including Nintendo DS covers.
- Added support for downloading Nintendo DS, GameCube, and Wii cover scans. This includes cover and full cover scans for all three, and 3D cover scans for GameCube and Wii.
- Multiple image sizes are now supported for external image downloads. GameTDB has higher-resolution scans for certain image types, including Nintendo DS cover scans. These high-resolution scans are used if a larger thumbnail size is requested by the file browser. An option to disable downloading of high-resolution images is available in the user config file.
- (Windows) Physical block devices are now supported. This allows viewing ROM Properties for certain types of physical media, e.g. Wii DVD-R backups. Currently only the property page is supported. Thumbnails (and icons) are not supported for block devices.
- Nintendo DS: Slot-2 PassMe ROM images are now recognized.
- (rpcli) New option "-k". This option will verify all known keys in keys.conf. Verification is done by decrypting a string that was encrypted with the original key and checking if the decrypted string is correct.
- GameCube: Added partial support for WIA disc images. A copy of the disc header is stored in plaintext in WIA format, so disc header fields and external images are supported. Region code, age ratings, and the internal GCN banner are not supported.
- (Windows) A configuration program, rp-config.exe, is now included. This allows you to configure the image type priority for thumbnails as well as download options. Linux versions will be added in a future release, though the underlying rom-properties.conf functionality is implemented and works on all platforms.
- (Windows) A new installation program, svrplus, is provided. This program supercedes install.cmd and uninstall.cmd.
- (rpcli) New option "-c". This option prints the system region codes. This is mostly useful for debugging.
- Fixed an inverted "Copy Protected" condition for Dreamcast VMI files.
- Fixed age ratings not showing up for Japanese Nintendo DSi and Wii games.
- Fixed access to files on Wii partitions located past 4 GB. This applies to logical addresses in sparse formats, e.g. WBFS.
- Wii: The "Game Info" field may be two separate lines.
- (GNOME) The libnautilus-extension path is no longer hard-coded to /usr/lib64/. This prevented it from working correctly on anything but 64-bit Linux systems that used the older multilib path, which means the Ubuntu GNOME packages did not work.
- (Windows) Fixed a crash if tinyxml2.dll is missing and a Windows EXE with an embedded manifest resource is selected. Also improved the Delay-Load function to use architecture-specific subdirectories.
- (Windows) The 32-bit EXEs have been moved out of the i386/ subdirectory and into the base directory. The 64-bit EXEs are still in the amd64/ subdirectory.
v0.9-beta2 (released 2017/02/07)
- New GTK+ frontends for XFCE's Thunar file manager (using GTK+ 2.x)
and GNOME's Nautilus file manager (using GTK+ 3.x). These currently
only implement the property page. Thumbnailing for Nautilus has been
implemented. Thumbnailing for Thunar will be added later.
- While the GTK+ frontends share code, they are packaged separately in order to reduce dependencies on GNOME-only and XFCE-only systems.
- Negative image caching for online databases (that is, caching the "this image does not exist" result) now expires after one week. This allows the image to be retrieved if it has since been uploaded to the database without manually clearing the local cache.
- New command line frontend
rpcli. This frontend lists the ROM information that would normally be displayed on the property page. It also has options for extracting internal images and downloading external images.
- The Windows version now registers for "common" file extensions, e.g. ".bin" and ".iso". The previous handlers are saved as fallbacks. If rom-properties cannot handle one of these files, the fallback handler is used.
- New GTK+ frontends for XFCE's Thunar file manager (using GTK+ 2.x) and GNOME's Nautilus file manager (using GTK+ 3.x). These currently only implement the property page. Thumbnailing for Nautilus has been implemented. Thumbnailing for Thunar will be added later.
New systems supported:
- Nintendo 64 ROM images: Z64, V64, swap2, and LE32 byteswap formats. Currently only supports text fields.
- Super NES ROM images: Headered and non-headered images. Currently only supports text fields.
- Sega Dreamcast save files: .VMS, .VMI, .VMS+.VMI, and .DCI formats. Supports text fields, icons, and the graphic eyecatch (as the banner). ICONDATA_VMS files are also supported.
- Nintendo Virtual Boy ROM images: .VB format.
- Nintendo amiibo NFC dumps: 540-byte .bin files. (On Windows, the .bin extension is not currently registered; alternatives are .nfc and .nfp)
- Nintendo Entertainment System: iNES, FDS, QD, and TNES/TDS (3DS Virtual Console) formats are supported.
Changes to existing systems:
- GameCube: Fixed accidental swapping of Triforce and Wii system names.
- GameCube: Some save files have an embedded NULL byte in the description field. This caused the description to get truncated. This case is now handled. (Example: "Baten Kaitos Origins" save files.)
- Wii: Added support for RVT-R debug discs. The encryption key used for each partition is now displayed in the partition listing.
- Wii: Show the used size of each partition in addition to the total size.
- Wii: Show the game title from opening.bnr.
- Game Boy Advance: Some ROM images that are intended for use as expansion packs for Nintendo DS games weren't recognized because they don't have the Nintendo logo data. These ROM images are now detected and marked as non-bootable Nintendo DS expansions.
- Game Boy Advance: Fixed the entry point. The value was off by 8 bytes due to the way branches are handled in the ARM pipeline. The branch offset is also signed, so it could be negative (though this is unlikely).
- Nintendo DS: Fixed an issue where the first frame of DSi animated icons was not selected correctly. (Example: "Four Swords Anniversary Edition".)
- Nintendo DS: Show age ratings for DSi-enhanced and DSi-exclusive games.
- (Windows) Fixed anti-aliasing issues with monospaced fonts on the properties page.
- (Windows) Fixed an incorrect half-pixel offset with some resized thumbnails, which resulted in the thumbnails "shifting" when Explorer switched from icons to thumbnails.
- libpng is now used on all platforms. Previously, GDI+'s PNG loader was used on Windows, and it had some odd quirks like loading grayscale images as 32-bit ARGB instead of paletted.
- (Windows) zlib and libpng are now compiled as DLLs instead of being statically linked. The DLLs are linked using delay-load, so they're not loaded until they're needed.
- pngcheck: Fixed a race condition that could result in crashes if more than one thread attempted to load a PNG image at the same time.
- Age ratings for CERO, ESRB, and AGCB are now converted to their official names instead of being displayed as numbers.
v0.8.1 (Windows only) (released 2016/10/24)
- RP_ExtractIcon: Disabled icon caching. This was causing issues where all icons for supported ROM images were showing up as whichever file was the first to be processed.
v0.8-winfix (Windows only) (released 2016/10/23)
- Fixed the working directory in the install.cmd and uninstall.cmd scripts. Windows switches to C:\Windows\System32 by default when running a program or batch file as Administrator, which prevented the installation scripts from finding the DLLs.
v0.8-beta1 (released 2016/10/23)
First beta release.
Host platforms: Windows XP and later, KDE 4.x, KDE 5.x
Target systems: Mega Drive (and add-ons), Nintendo DS(i), Nintendo GameCube (discs and save files), Nintendo Wii, Game Boy (Color), Game Boy Advance.
Internal images supported for GameCube discs and save files, and Nintendo DS ROMs.
Animated icons supported for GameCube save files and Nintendo DSi ROMs. Note that file browsers generally don't support animated icons, so they're only animated on the file properties page.
External image downloads supported for GameCube and Wii discs via GameTDB.com.
Decryption subsystem for Wii discs. Currently only used to determine the System Update version if a Wii disc has a System Update partition. Keys are not included; you must manually add the encryption keys to
keys.conf. (See README.md for more information.)