GBARunner2 is a hypervisor that runs GBA games on DS/DSi/3DS in DS mode.
- If you have a gba folder on the root of your sd, this folder will be opened by default
- Games generally don't need to be SRAM patched unless stated in the compatibility list (see below). If it is needed, you can use gbata.
- If you are using GBARunner2 with TWiLightMenu on a DSi or 3DS with the SD card, make sure you use the dldi on ARM7 build
- The settings are accessed by pressing R on the rom selection menu. Settings are saved when leaving the settings menu
GBARunner2 has the open source bios of Normmatt integrated, with some small modifications. A GBA bios is thus optional, but can be used to improve compatibility with some games. Always try with a valid GBA bios before reporting that something doesn't work! Compatibility testing should as such also be done with a bios. You can put the bios in one of the following places: /bios.bin, /gba/bios.bin or /_gba/bios.bin.
A valid bios should have the following checksums:
- For DS/DSLite or with flashcards on other consoles: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/GBARunner2
- For DSi/3DS when ran in DSi mode: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/GBARunner2/DSi_3DS_Compatibility_List
GBARunner2 will always be free software and you'll never have to pay to use it!
If you however like this project and you want to thank me or support me in continuing this project, you can donate using the button below. There's no minimum amount, I appreciate any small gift.