GigaCash Masternode Setup Guide
Follow the steps below to setup and install your GigaCash masternode
1. Wallet setup
- 1.1 Download the latest wallet for your operating system.
- 1.2 Launch the wallet and allow it to synchronize with the other nodes.
- 1.3 Click on
debug consolefound in
- 1.4 Type
masternode genkeyand copy the generated key into a text file for future use, then close the console.
- 1.5 Go to
receiving addressesfound in
file- create a new masternode wallet address and call it
Copy the address by right-clicking and selecting "Copy Address"
- 1.6 Send EXACTLY 10,000 coins to
mn1wallet by pasting the copied address.
Note that this has to be sent in ONE transaction.
- 1.7 Go back to
debug consoleand type
- 1.8 Copy the transaction id and output id and save it to the text file for future use.
2. Get a VPS ( masternode server )
We recommend renting a DigitalOcean VPS as they are fast and easy to setup.
- 2.1 Create an account:
- 2.2 Deploy a new server
- 2.3 Choose a location close to you to have a fast connection
- 2.4 Choose Ubuntu 16.04 x64 as operating system and take the 5$ server size. This is sufficient.
- 2.5 Move to step 7 and give your masternode VPS a name.
- 2.6 Click "Create"
The server is now being created you may need to wait a few minutes.
- 2.7 Go you your email In your email you will receive the access details for your vps you will need the IP, USERNAME & PASSWORD
3. Configure your masternode
- Once you open the program you will see the following:
- Fill the Host name field with the IP address you previously received in the email and click "Open".
- You will now see a popup asking you if you trust this host, you will need to choose Yes.
- Now you will be asked to enter your username which was provided in the email usually this is "root".
- Next you will be asked to enter your password which was provided in the email copy it and right click in the putty terminal and hit ENTER.
- You are now logged into your server:
3.2 General Setup
Update your system to the latest version to make sure you are secure.
sudo apt-get updateENTER
- Wait until this has finished
sudo apt-get upgradeENTER
- Type "y" if the system asks you, so you can update the system.
Now we will use the easy setup Masternode Script
- You will now be asked to type or copy your masternode private key after making sure it is correct press ENTER.
- Your masternode is now setup on your VPS now all you need to do is setup your desktop wallet
4. Masternode Configure Desktop wallet
4.1 Go to
open masternode configuration file in the wallet - found on the 'tools' menu if asked what program to use to open it choose notepad
Here you will see the format and an example( these three lines are comments so they have no effect )
The format is like this:
# Masternode config file # Format: alias IP:port masternodeprivkey collateral_output_txid collateral_output_index # Example: mn1 127.0.0.2:5078 93HaYBVUCYjEMeeH1Y4sBGLALQZE1Yc1K64xiqgX37tGBDQL8Xg 2bcd3c84c84f87eaa86e4e56834c92927a07f9e18718810b92e0d0324456a67c 0
4.2. Add your own node details under it.
4.3. Put the masternode wallet name, i.e -
4.4 Put the server IP address followed by the port :5078
4.5 Put the private key generated in step 1.4
4.6 Put the transaction hash and output id from step 1.7
mn1 128.893.2.0:5078 A3HaYBVUCYjEMeeH1Y4sBGLALQZE1Yc1K64xiqgX37tGBDQL8bC dgcd3c84c84f87eaa86e4e56834c92927a07f9e18718810b92e0d0324456a667 0
4.7 Once complete, save the file
The file will look like this:
# Masternode config file # Format: alias IP:port masternodeprivkey collateral_output_txid collateral_output_index # Example: mn1 127.0.0.2:5078 93HaYBVUCYjEMeeH1Y4sBGLALQZE1Yc1K64xiqgX37tGBDQL8Xg 2bcd3c84c84f87eaa86e4e56834c92927a07f9e18718810b92e0d0324456a67c 0 mn1 128.893.2.0:5078 A3HaYBVUCYjEMeeH1Y4sBGLALQZE1Yc1K64xiqgX37tGBDQL8bC dgcd3c84c84f87eaa86e4e56834c92927a07f9e18718810b92e0d0324456a667 0
4.8 Restart the wallet
4.9 Go to your wallet and go to the masternode page.
4.10 Go to tools > debug console
startmasternode "alias" "0" "mn1" where mn1 is the name of your masternode
To verify that the masternode is running on the vps:
Congratulations, you have now setup your masternode
If you are needing any help or have a question you can join our Discord and we will help you.
Based on Zoldur's MN scripts