As a replacement for the DOS-based Dehacked, WhackEd4 allows you to load and edit Doom Dehacked files. It also expands on the features of the original Dehacked:
- A configurable workspace with separate editor windows.
- Sprite previews from a loaded IWAD and PWADs.
- Full support for Boom's extensions such as codepointer and thing flag mnemonics.
- State animation preview with sound playback (where possible).
- Editing multiple states at the same time.
- Filtering the displayed list of states by thing states, weapon states or unused states.
- Does not require a Doom executable, but reads engine data from table files.
- State highlighting based on sprite index.
- Separate undo actions for every editor window.
- Copy and pasting things and states.
- Support for DeHackEd features of Doom 1.9, The Ultimate Doom 1.9, Boom, Marine's Best Friend, Doom Retro and ZDaemon.
WhackEd4 is built with Python 2.7, wxPython and PyAudio. The user interface is designed using wxFormBuilder. To build the setup executable you will need cx_Freeze and Inno Setup.