GitHawk is the highest rated iOS app for GitHub.
|Inbox Zero your notifications|
|Comment even faster than on GitHub desktop|
|The only app with emoji reactions!|
|Native markdown rendering|
|100% free and open source|
We are always looking for contributions from all skill levels! A great way to get started is by helping organize and/or squish bugs.
Highest Priority Needs:
👩💼Product Manager 👩🎨Designer
- Like making unique UIs? So do we! We value keeping GitHawk's UX close to core iOS, but, when necessary, create our own high-quality UI components. Helping design for GitHawk is a great opportunity to try new ideas out!
👩💻iOS Project Management
- There is a lot of low-hanging fruit with our project setup, test and deployment automation, build optimizations, and more! I (@rnystrom) have no idea what I'm doing here. Come point us in the right direction!
If you want to build GitHawk locally, run
To get started, you will need to install node (
brew install node), then run these instructions:
git clone https://github.com/GitHawkApp/GitHawk.git cd GitHawk bundle bundle exec pod install npm install open Freetime.xcworkspace/
This will install apollo-codegen that is required to generate the GraphQL models.
See the setup guide for details about API keys and environment variables.
Open Source & Copying
We ship GitHawk on the App Store for free and provide its entire source code for free as well. In the spirit of openness, GitHawk is licensed under MIT so that you can use my code in your app, if you choose.
However, please do not ship this app under your own account. Paid or free.
Why are we building this?
IGListKit+ Swift to its limits
- Better GitHub project management on mobile
- Explore GitHub's GraphQL API
- Scratch my Swift-itch
- Create a real, complex app in the open