How to set up the development environment:
- Make sure you have Visual Studio >2017 installed with the .NET Framework SDK >=4.7.1
- If you use the SSH URL, make sure you have your git SSH keys set up to authenticate with git correctly!
- Make sure you have git lfs installed and enabled (run
git lfs installat least once on your system).
- Navigate to a directory that you consider to be the root folder for all of the Glitched Epistle projects (Client + Client.Windows need to reside in the same folder!).
- Open the command line interface in that folder and execute the following commands:
git clone https://github.com/GlitchedPolygons/GlitchedEpistle.Client "GlitchedEpistle.Client" git clone https://github.com/GlitchedPolygons/GlitchedEpistle.Client.Windows "GlitchedEpistle.Client.Windows"
Installer project (.MSI)
If you want to build the .msi installer yourself, make sure you have the WiX toolset installed (>3.11).
Then, if after opening the solution in VS you can't build the Setup project due to bad paths, set the
WixUIExtension.dll project reference to the correct path on your system. Usually, that path defaults to
C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v3.11\bin\WixUIExtension.dll.
Just fork & open a PR and I'll take a look at it ASAP :)