I noticed this on translate.w.org. We sync plugin translations from a dev to a stable project. Example flow:
$ wp @translate wporg-translate sync-plugin-translations nothing-much/dev de --set=default
This happens since #402. When a translation has warnings, GP sets the status to waiting but it doesn't check whether the same translation already exists with the same status.
Fixes #579: Prevent importing translations with warning twice